• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hey, weren't Wood Elves supposed to be somehwat good guys?

Half Deer? Isn't that a ....Beastman?

CCCHHHHAAAAOOOOSSS!!!!

Technically they're not Wood Elves they're Kurnothi, who aren't an official AOS faction yet so I don't know if they're good guys or not.

In my setting for them, they're Fey Elves who live in the vast forests of Northern Morinth and worship a pair of ancient Elven nature Gods (Valtur and Aurora). Some choose to undergo rituals to give them a greater link to their forest home, those the follow Valtur become satyr and centaur like beings, while those that follow Aurora become part plant:-

8C87j0Z.jpg

They were originally allied with the Beastmen because they believed that Atmos (the god of the Beastmen) was an aspect of Valtur, but in the end they realised the Beastmen weren't becoming one with nature, they were simply devolving into savage, brutish creatures (Atmos isn't even a nature god, he's the personification of the beast that lurks within all). Now they co-exist uneasily within their forest home.

I may put too much thought into some of my little dudes as I paint them...

2Xg1VzC.jpg

Painted his hair in Violet Blue with Violet Blue/Off-white highlights, with Bronze hair accessories.

Going to start on his armour next.

• Like 8

Thinking about their background or story is always good.

I do that as well and if there isn't any I'll make it up, it gives a mini life.

Also it helps when choosing colours, I mean, a Nurgle Lord won't look good in a nice velvet.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Thinking about their background or story is always good.

I do that as well and if there isn't any I'll make it up, it gives a mini life.

Also it helps when choosing colours, I mean, a Nurgle Lord won't look good in a nice velvet.

But what if he was a really fancy Nurgle Lord?

a47YB20.jpg

Been trying to do a bit of painting while feeling pretty blergh (I've got a cold), it's very slow going though.

Painted his armour panels and skirt. From a base of Sick Green, they were shaded with Sick Green/Scarlett Red and highlighted with Sick Green/Iraqi Sand, the armour panels also got a bit of a Brown Wash to bring out their patterning.

The edges of the armour were done in Brassy Brass, then the straps and some scale armour was done in either Red Leather > Red Leather/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash or the same but with Brown Leather.

I also did the glowy soulstone things in Light Green/Off-white.

Missed a couple bits of scale armour, so they're next, then his sword.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

BwEfHQ0.jpg

Painted his sword.

The blade is Oily Steel with a Black Wash and then highlights of Oily Steel and Oily Steel/Aluminium, the hilt has a Parasite Brown with Ochre Yellow highlights handle with Bronze decoration and a Brown Wash.

Just got to tidy up the sword hilt, and then it's on to his extra fancy base.

• Like 7
On 9/14/2021 at 7:42 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Looks awesome!

Thanks!

ehk2ue0.jpg

Made a start on his base.

The water is Magic Blue drybrushed with Sky Blue (And turned out a heck of a lot better than I thought it would).

The ground is Leather Brown, drybrushed with Iraqi Sand and given a Brown Wash.

The branch is Parasite Brown, drybrushed with Ochre Yellow and given a Sepia Wash.

Just vines, leaves and possibly berries to go.

• Like 5

nJmZ49M.jpgeRQv6is.jpge4ipQjU.jpg

Finished off the base with Olive Green vines, Bronze Green leaves and Scarlett Red/Off-white berry things.

Awil-sin, as a scout he can normally be found patrolling his forest home looking for signs of intruding outsiders or Beastman aggression.

And with the final two minis already moved to a new thread, this is the end of this one.

• Like 4