Desert Scenery Terrain for Tabletop gaming & Wargames

SamuraiJack

• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thminiatures/desert-scenery-terrain-for-tabletop-gaming-and-wargames?ref=discovery_category_newest

b0f4d84d91b743f23088ce31c1b8fa46_origina

“I’m the last one... and now a silent cloak of darkness has fallen on the small vault in which I found shelter a few days ago! I thought I’d be safe here for a while. But that has turned out not to be true as danger lurks everywhere and nowhere all at once... However, I am the last… and the improvised torch I had made with a scrap of wood and some fabric from my clothes has started to flicker... I’m thus truly the last, and the shadows dancing to the rhythm of the flames across these cracked walls will soon give way to a cold and immobile void! Until then, I’m taking advantage of the final glow of my torch to write these few lines in the small booklet that’s never far from me... I am the last survivor of the mad expedition to this lost, nay, damned city… yes, as in a few hours the sand will have soaked up even the last drop of the blood now flowing from my leg, which was crushed by a large boulder, which I neither have the strength nor the will to move. I’m stuck here and condemned to remain here for eternity, or at least until my final breath... It’s my unbound pride which has led me to this desperate situation with no end possible other than this atrocious and pointless death... yet things started out so well... I had finally discovered the famous City of the Sands, and I naively believed that History would remember my feat as well as my name... the truth is much more cruel! I remain alone in the silence of the night… slowly agonizing... I am… the last… the last!”

d9477ecdd224d9ffbbad1914cc3a5f81_origina
508aa5df5033f27a3b290775e150acd7_origina

For this fifth Kickstarter campaign, THM has been burning the midnight oil and is proud to introduce a whole new line: DESERT.

• A complete line of new products.
  • .STL digital versions to print at home.
  •  The possibility to get the All-In box and all Stretch Goals PAINTED. 

Perfectly scaled for 25 to 32 mm miniatures or simply for the pleasure of collecting, these sceneries will answer to the most demanding among you. THM terrain pieces are cast in the best resin available on the market making them robust and modular.

For this range, THMiniatures uses pressure casting, which totally suppresses bubbles  and displays the smallest details of these finely-sculpted pieces.

7304c04fab1a490d240a9b92bc3694f4_origina Mat from PWorkWargame.com
00a3f69eb6234f9044257d5447c2c362_origina

On the right you will find different pledges. Each pledge level has the cost and what items are included.

With the  exception of the DESERT ALL-IN, the PREMIUM and the 3D pledges, it is not necessary to immediately choose your items when you pledge. THMiniatures will send an access to the pledge manager once the campaign has been finished. This ensures that you can still pick items that will get unlocked during the campaign! 

88f66a05733006aef3eb8772f8439e99_origina
547c049e2187252dfca41aec71063a64_origina
14b8b48b70d41592a7045d9ee68ad4ed_origina
05067db1e78ba17dee83fa88fd4c0393_origina
9256611534a638b0de99a5e9705bc86e_origina instagram: @paintofthegame

e12a44f2b6c9a4433215b3f587760b4e_origina Mat from PWorkWargame.com

• Like 2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Looks really nice, but the price point is higher than I’d be willing to pay.

Note that it's in Canadian dollars.  The amount becomesuch more amenable I'd argue if you're in a country that uses say USD as the currency, because there's this nice multiplication factor of about 0.79...

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Note that it's in Canadian dollars.  The amount becomesuch more amenable I'd argue if you're in a country that uses say USD as the currency, because there's this nice multiplication factor of about 0.79...

It's still about as expensive as both KS I mentioned together. You can also get similar sculpts on Thingiverse for free. It seems to be their first time offering STLs, so they probably didn't research their competition sufficiently.

The set also seems rather bland compared to their previous ones, there's no real centerpiece, just a bunch of rocks and houses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I’m in Australia, so it basically converts across exactly.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

For this fifth Kickstarter campaign, THM has been burning the midnight oil and is proud to introduce a whole new line: DESERT.

• A complete line of new products.
  • .STL digital versions to print at home.
  •  The possibility to get the All-In box and all Stretch Goals PAINTED.

Perfectly scaled for 25 to 32 mm miniatures or simply for the pleasure of collecting, these sceneries will answer to the most demanding among you. THM terrain pieces are cast in the best resin available on the market making them robust and modular.

image.png.71c8f83c787a53b8c125ee235a420686.png

Support this project and unlock stretch goals!
Kickstarter

“The front door seems really scorched from the inside, professor! No doubt rubble keeps it from opening… But it looks like there’s an opening in the wall, where part of it collapsed, we could go in from there, sure, but be very careful, as this large building could come apart in an instant and bury you forever!”

image.png.5ffe723832f0387bbe272bebe49516b1.png

“A column of this sort is really quite rare in this geographic area? Pity it’s broken… Get three men to start digging around it right away, it’d be capital to find the missing pieces, especially its capstone! It will help me understand the cultural influences that underlie the civilization that flourished here for centuries!”

image.png.dd515f338853d3980d36eeafbd1edebb.png

“Finally, here’s the first stage of our travel in front of us! Admire this gorgeous centuries-old portal, my friends, and behind it, once we’ll have crossed its gates, our incredible adventure will take on a new importance; follow me, let’s go discover the mysteries buried in the City of Sands… Let’s go, as the world belongs to the daring!”

image.png.8d44e6bea3ddfbee1fbf57fcd0d61e2f.png

thank you guys :)