I cant find any of my old threads

I cant find any of my old threads. I used to have links in my signature which doesnt display in mobile, and I'm rarely on a computer and its awkward on a phone (like I havent been able to make it work, but I'm assuming its possible).

I can't search just my topics with an empty search term. So how am I supposed to find things now? How does everybody else do it.

I think a modern can lock this file. I've gotten  desktop working better since I posted.

• Sad 3

On a desktop, click on your avatar image in the upper right corner of the screen.  That page has a grey button near the upper right corner that says "see my activity".  That's how I do it. 

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all. Was hoping you could help me find a mini.

I have a player in an upcoming game of D&D who wants a flying monkey as a familiar. 

I'm having trouble finding a good option. I'm surprised how few options there are.

I'm looking for one with feathered wings as opposed to bat wings. And something without a fez. Minimal clothing is okay (a vest or some bracelets) but in general looking for something that's more like a wild animal.

STLs are okay. But physical is better.

Thanks in advance!
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi gang.

I always have trouble with finishing minis if they take too long.  Groups of minis are a frequent struggle for me.  What kind of advice do you have to avoid burnout?

I try to mix things up to stave off the exhaustion and tedium.  I typically switch off between working on groups of minis, to just doing one at a time.  Small minis to big minis.  Detailed minis to simple minis.  I'll even avoid things that are the same color back-to-back.  Anything to help avoid getting sick of painting.

But I have a harder time just getting through a group of minis.  I'll try breaking them into sub groups, or just focusing on painting everything of the same color like all of the wood, or all the leather.

Maybe I'm just tired in general, but I'm definitely feeling worn down on my current set, which is a shame because I am excited to see them finished.

What advice do you have?

How do you avoid burnout?

How do you get yourself to just keep painting?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Anyone have any useful leads on a set of elves in tribal garb?  I'm specifically looking for elves that would fit in a jungle, tropic, or coastal setting.  Not looking for heavy armor.  If there's some gender diversity in the set that's even more ideal.

I could kit bash if needed, but trying to avoid that.  Also looking for things that would fit well in scale with Reaper Bones' offerings.

Have I made this easy enough for you all?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  I've got a few minis floating around that were painted when my skills were lesser.  Been humoring the idea of touching them up.  My finished minis are sealed with a coat of Krylon Matte spray.  Any tips for touching up minis?  Anything to look out for?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  I recently acquired a few bookshelves which have become the new home for my miniatures and gaming materials. The shelves came with a good out section in the middle and I think it might be the perfect place for a photo set-up.

I currently use a white sheet of cardstock as an infinite backdrop with the two 1520 lumens daylight LEDs that I use for painting and a light source from either side.  It works well enough but it's just inconvenient enough to set up that I'm looking for change.

I figure now is a great time for an upgrade.

I'm thinking I've never really worked with lighting and anything electrical so I think that's mostly where I need guidance. I'm hoping I can fasten some LED strips to the walls and top and then run the wiring out that hole that was conveniently cut out of the back. 

Other than that, I'm thinking I can just tape in a sheet of white poster paper and swap it out if it starts to get too beat up. If I'm really lucky, there will still be room inside to store my camera bag.

I also am wondering if some kind of diffusion will be necessary or if the LED strips will have a general enough soft light on their own. 

I also have to be mindful of wall placement because the arms of the "door" brush against the wall about midway when closed. 

For the curious, the shelf is about 14" deep, 13" high, and 25" across. And the open "door" is about 14"

Thoughts/advice of any kind are welcome!

As a side note, if the LEDs work well here, Iight try swapping out the old lights in the display cabinets up top. They are a gross old orange color. 
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)