Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

STL files 3D Printing/ Fantastic Plants & Rocks II

image.png.3145585c30e53633ee7c3de1497db545.pngive,

Edited by SamuraiJack
MMF not an approved site.
  • Like 3

I wonder if this will be a new method for digital fundraisers. I'm in but I wonder if people will like using this as opposed to KS or Indiegogo. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

I wonder if this will be a new method for digital fundraisers. I'm in but I wonder if people will like using this as opposed to KS or Indiegogo. 

I backed, mostly because I backed the first one on KS.

But like I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't back a company I didn't know well like this.

The big difference is paying up front, I would probably wait till the goal was met and then back just to make sure.

With KS one could cancel his/her pledge if a red flag would pop up or if something happened in your financial situation.

So, this is not what I would prefer.

All in all, this one is a great one.

I got a discount because I backed nr. 1 and getting a few exclusive files as well.

It's great value.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeGKushner said:

It's pretty much just a direct purchase at this point. Files to be delivered in 30 days. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I backed, mostly because I backed the first one on KS.

But like I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't back a company I didn't know well like this.

The big difference is paying up front, I would probably wait till the goal was met and then back just to make sure.

With KS one could cancel his/her pledge if a red flag would pop up or if something happened in your financial situation.

So, this is not what I would prefer.

All in all, this one is a great one.

I got a discount because I backed nr. 1 and getting a few exclusive files as well.

It's great value.

Ditto. I pretty much did the same thing and not sure I like this approach.

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

It's pretty much just a direct purchase at this point. Files to be delivered in 30 days. 

Yup. I learned about the Fearsome Creatures Kickstarter after it was done and was able to back on MMF at the same KS price and was able to down load it immediately which makes backing before it is available not very helpful. I probably wouldn't have backed this on except for the early bird and discount fir backing the first one.  

• Like 2

And I also miss the community aspect of KS.

With this typ of crowdfunding it's just a sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a comment section, though, as well as an update section that is currently unused.

Considering that a majority of STL KS are already using MMF for fulfilment, this is just the next step. Compared to Kickstarter + Backerkit + some hosting service this is an all-in-one service. Another advantage compared to KS is that there is no need for a credit card. On the other hand, you pay upfront and can't back out, so it's mostly for safe KS, but most STL KS fall into that category anyway.

They'll probably go after Patreon next, which I appreciate, especially if I no longer have to pay 19% VAT.

• Like 3

(MOD) I removed the link because MMF is not an approved Crowdfunding site.. yet  I'm working on expanding the site options, but I worry that MMF is too close to a commerce/pre-order link more than a crowdfunding link.. I'll leave the topic open for discussion though

• Like 2

Just now, SamuraiJack said:

(MOD) I removed the link because MMF is not an approved Crowdfunding site.. yet  I'm working on expanding the site options, but I worry that MMF is too close to a commerce/pre-order link more than a crowdfunding link.. I'll leave the topic open for discussion though

Sorry, wasn't aware of that.

Maybe next time we should just say...crowdfunding on MMF for Company X?

5 hours ago, jadeite said:

There is a comment section, though, as well as an update section that is currently unused.

Considering that a majority of STL KS are already using MMF for fulfilment, this is just the next step. Compared to Kickstarter + Backerkit + some hosting service this is an all-in-one service. Another advantage compared to KS is that there is no need for a credit card. On the other hand, you pay upfront and can't back out, so it's mostly for safe KS, but most STL KS fall into that category anyway.

They'll probably go after Patreon next, which I appreciate, especially if I no longer have to pay 19% VAT.

Many Patreons offer their minis on MMF.

For Patreons the monthly theme pops up in their library to download then.

So I doubt that MMF is going to take over and eliminating VAT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm working on it :)  use MMF as a tag, just don't link it

Added the tag.

Yeah, I don't see Patreon going away anytime soon.  For a lot of creators that is a great source of ongoing monthly income and it's only growing as 3d printing becomes more and more popular.

Sadly, I'm not backing this project simply because I got so much variety from the first one and this one just isn't grabbing me.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 2:50 AM, Glitterwolf said:

And I also miss the community aspect of KS.

With this typ of crowdfunding it's just a sale.

I have mixed emotions about that.  When The community is good its great!  Then it's not it can turn vicious and toxic almost overnight.  At least this stays neutral.

On the flip side there really isn't much incentive not to wait until it's done and then cherry pick what I really want

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I have mixed emotions about that.  When The community is good its great!  Then it's not it can turn vicious and toxic almost overnight.  At least this stays neutral.

On the flip side there really isn't much incentive not to wait until it's done and then cherry pick what I really want

I'm happy to back in this case, since I liked nr. 1 and I can use small terrain.

It does feel more like a sale than a kickstarter to me.

Not much anticipation it just feels different.

• Like 1