Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Finally finished my copy of Bombshell Miniatures Sister Sergeant Maelee, aka "Heresy" Maelee, their Con exclusive figure from last year. Most time I think I've ever spent on a 28mm figure. Pretty happy with how she turned out. Pigments on the feet look heavier in the pictures than they do in real life.
So, I guess when Games Workshop broke the clock a few years ago, it started something...
... just announced on the Warhammer Facebook, Warhammer Community, and what-not
The League of Votann - Stumpies, Runties... Squats... are coming back.
(and there was much rejoicing in the WH40k community)
Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it. I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought.
As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal. Dang it!
I made the bands on the blade smaller.
Added more metal details.
Added more accent color.
Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great.
His backpack gave me some trouble. I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off. Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on.
Got another one in this week. I'm on a roll!
Still doing my work on these marines looking for a color combo I really like. I completed Red, Blue, Green, and Black. I've got 2 more color schemes to test, which are Grey and White. We'll see in the coming days how much energy I've got for them.
This one came out pretty good.
I still need to base and touch up his sword with more color, but he's pretty much done outside of that. Enough for me to post in WIP.
The process was pretty good and I'm learning that these sub-assemblies help a TON in getting to those insanely hard to reach spots. I took pictures of what the sub assembly looks like just to what my method was and hopefully helps others struggling.