Thunderbolt Mountain/Ral Partha Legacy Ballerina Fairies by Tom Meier

72moonglum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

They look great, I like how you used different skintones and colours for the clothing.

I do not trust them though, those wandguns look a bit deadly.

Thanks Glitterwolf!  The instinct starts, in order to get them done quickly, was to paint them all the same color, same clothing and skin tones, but then my stubborn side came out and wanted them to have a bit of variety.   Took a lot longer, and like I said above, I gave up with their tutus, because I wanted to finish sooner than later, and to kind of give them some kind of uniform aspect.

I'm sure the wands just shoot pure happiness!

1 hour ago, Mystikant said:

Upeaa työtä! :poke:

I like the colors, the eyes are amazing also.

Are they as small as other minis from Thunderbolt's range?

Kiitoksia, mä olen onnellinen, että sä tykkäät niistä!

Yeah, they are pretty small miniatures.  They are basically child-sized versions of Tom's stuff, even though they might be child-sized against a 30 mm figure and not a 25 mm figure.  I'll have to take another shot with some objects to compare for size reference.  They are pretty petite!

• Like 2

These are absolutely great. I saw these on the legacy site recently and was on the fence about getting them, but I think your paint jobs are pushing me towards putting them in the cart. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, will you be painting the flying unicorns to go with them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mystikant said:

I've got a few of Tom's elves and they are tiny. Even more stunning work on such a small canvas.

A bit odd to see some Finnish here, but mukavaa viikkoa! ::D:

Yeah, the hardest thing with Tom's figures are the eyes, which are often so extremely small!

Maailma on täynnä ihmeitä näin, asuin siellä Suomessa yli 30 vuotta sitten ja kieli on aina ihastuttanut minua!

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

These are absolutely great. I saw these on the legacy site recently and was on the fence about getting them, but I think your paint jobs are pushing me towards putting them in the cart. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, will you be painting the flying unicorns to go with them?

Don't hesitate, you only live once, put them in your cart!  These pictures are showing up now there for a little bit of color!

I've got both the flying unicorns and am planning on doing them soon.  I'm going to take a small fairy break, paint up a few Parthas, and then am going to come back to them, hopefully in a month or two.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

I love those fairy girls. I'm so glad that I was able to get a set of them before Thunderbolt Mountain stopped making them. But I didn't get any of the unicorn pegasus ones.

Part of me kind of hopes that Dark Sword takes them up as a sort of legacy line.

I saw the set you painted and they are really beautiful, you did a wonderful job on them! 

So Dark Sword doesn't have them but Ral Partha Legacy has begun selling them as well as other figures from Thunderbolt Miniatures.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ferret said:

Yes, a great job.  I especially liked the eyes.  It took a lot of skill to do those eyelids, but they really add a lot to the look of their faces.

Glad you like them! It’s all part of that same process. I figure if the eyes and faces turn out okay, the rest will more or less follow

Edited by 72moonglum

18 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

Yeah, I've painted these minis before, and those are some extremely tiny faces. They look great.

Thank you much Odinsgrandson! I have to say that the good thing about these faces, even though they are small, at least they are easy to get to, they don't have weapons in the way obstructing your paint brush or anything like that, so that at least helped.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.