• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I few years ago I emptied a can of spray foam for some hills. I decided to hack up one to see if I could do some scatter that was more rock  pile than grassy hill like I've previously done (insert link to foam experiments thread).

About a month ago I hacked the foam hill, and last night I glued it to a dead DVD as a base and clamped it.

This is what it looks like now.

I'm going to let it dry a bit more then give it some goop, then a modge seal. Then drybrush, and maybe some flock.
    • By Inarah
      Fun little piece. I attempted to paint it in the style of Costa Rican coffee wagons.  It was a real challenge, given the irregularities of the wheel surface.  I wish it had a donkey, goat or ox to pull it.  

It will stand upright by itself on some surfaces, but I stuck a block under it to stabilize during photography. 

• By Inarah
      This could be more exciting, but it's not.  I chose this as a test piece before I tackle Dragons Don't Share II.  Nice piece, it came together in a jiffy. I'm trying to copy the local limestone, and didn't quite get there with this, but it's a starting point. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      I've got a dozen tiny minis to BUG you with today!

A few months ago I purchased these Hell Wasp prints for use as giant flies in Rangers of Shadow Deep.  The sculpts are from Rocket Pig Games and carefully printed at this delicate scale by K2C2 Creations.  The tiny size came in a set of 12 so I painted them all a little different to get some variety.

Giant Flies

My original purpose for these guys was as flies in ROSD.  To give them some stability and variety I based them on 20mm bases. In each set of 3, one got based standing, one got based leaning, and a third was placed on higher ground.  This seemed to break up uniformity.  I also painted to different styles of flies.

The first was the House Fly

These guys are mostly grey with a bit of brown fuzz on their backs. 
      More photos beneath spoiler:

The second set of flies was painted as Blow Flies

These guys are a bit more green.  Though having recently had an infestation of these guys, I wish I had made them more metallic.  Yuck.
      More photo below:

Hellwasps/Stirges
      Since I had so many of these guys, I decided to mix up the second half.

One set got painted Red to work as Red Paper Wasps, or as decent Stirge stand-ins.

I quite enjoy the little skull on the one base.
      More photos below:

And the final group got painted in classic Yellow Jacket stripes.

Bees?  BEES! Ready for a deadly stinging encounter.
      More photos below:

These guys were tiny and fragile and tedious.  I kept them simple to get through them all and they still used up all my painting time for a month.  Lost a few limbs while basing but hopefully the slightly larger bases will give me something easier to grab during games.  I wish I had stood back more while working on these and upped the contrast.  They're fine, but their details are so small that it would have been more worthwhile to get a stronger impact from arm's length.

What use would you have for these little critters?
    • By Rahz
      Of the many busts I’ve printed/purchased lately, this one won out on the priority list.  

Basecoats and metallics are a mix of acrylics (Reaper and Vallejo) and then a ton of layered oils with some subsequent acrylic highlights again.  Painted the eyes very faintly and then “washed them out” to give them that milky look but I feel I went too far as the iris/pupils are pretty much gone.    Otherwise, I’m quite happy with him other than the missed support nubs inside his “crown” that will taunt me forever.   

Thanks for looking. 
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)