Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Things are a little more laid back this year. I don't have a big pile of figures ready and I'm not trying for a better record than last year (there wasn't one in 2020 so it wouldn't be hard). Just painting what comes along and listening to it rain.
Friday I finished Bolo Shanga :
And Saturday saw this little guy done(townsfolk nerd):
More to come!
Another one in for the weekend.
This one was a scheme i saw on a YouTube artist's channel named CatGut. Odd, yes but his painting and tutorials are great. Saw him do a coconut crab on a Tyranid for Warhammer ad thought I'd give it a try. I really like it.
* colors were pretty straight forward: orange brown, German black brown, and white. Easy!
* laying out the color map was also nice and simple. Had to work around a few bumpy spots, but nothing terrible.
* spent less time than my previous crab, which i thought was going to be more. Dotting was faster than i expected.
* Didn't follow the method exactly. Dots are inconsistent.
* not a fan of having done the legs all the way down. Should have done less on the appendages. Not bad, but could be better.
* need to finish off the mouth and eyes still. Wish the eyes could stick out, but they are going to probably be just black.
This was a fun one to paint and the instructions from his video was excellent. Now i have two very distinct crabs. Yay.
#55: Dire Crab
The crabs in my local fjord are all small and black. Easy for kids to catch with a piece of shrimp attached to a clothes peg and some string, but far too small to eat, so they all go back in after beeing ewwed and arghed at. Actually most of them are about the size of this mini IRL.
I chose to not do the common yellow/orange food crab colours in favor of what are the colours of the far more exotic (for me) Blue Swimmer Crab found off the coasts of Australia.
And it is Dire-sized.
#55 Dire Crab
Bones 4 Core set, 2019
Made in Bonesium PVC
should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.