Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

Very nice and creepy beastie.  Really like what you did for the whole thing.  I've never managed to get metallics to look that smooth.  Great job!

 

Thank you!

For metallics I use Scale 75, they're my favorte metallic paints.

Good coverage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, zoroaster100 said:

Wow, Glitterwolf! Amazing job on that centipede beast! Stunning color choices and execution!

 

Thank you so much!

I like to use metallics on insects, fish and dragon scales.

Happy you like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By HolkDiggity
      Here is my take on the Bones 4 Grubs from the Fan Favorites Expansion. I really wanted to try out Michael Proctor's dot texture method, and I had these two primed and ready so I went for it! Someone on facebook called them Evil Croissants, and now that's all I can think of when I see them.
       


    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!
       
      I envisaged the prarie tick queen as a monstrous bloodsucker so I gave her a red bloated body. The markings on the body are meant to be blood vessels inside her but I think I made them too dark.
       
       

       

       

       

       

       

       
       
      Thanks for looking!!
       
       
    • By Ash Adler
      Getting back to painting, after a brief break to take care of some other things.  This was my first attempt at a non-humanoid/skeleton, so I had trouble judging the proper size for the striations on the carapace (which is to say that they're generally too short and thick ), but it was fun to try doing a different material effect.
       

      As usual, more pictures and thought process at my blog: link
       
      Looking back at it now, I should've shaded more of the flat area of the red and done more to separate the body from the ground.  The eyes are a bit sloppy, too, but they're so damn small that I'm amazed at how cleanly others have painted them.  There's also an ugly gap between the Bones base and the actual base, though that's because I'd overestimated the strength of the bond (using just PVA and spackle) and broke it off, and then I just superglued it back in place as closely as I could without adding any more filler.  On the plus side, I think the blood stains and the white "reflection" lines on the red areas both added nice touches without being overpowering or garish.
       
      C&C welcome
    • By PurpleLlama
      So I finished this guy up in between working on the couple of other WIPs I have going.  I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. I didn't spend as much time on this one as I normally do for highlights and details.
       

       

       

       
       I definitely stole the idea for the blue eyes off the painted picture on the reaper store.  The base is a secret weapons lava base.  Instead of lava I gave it some rusty pools of water using realistic water.
       
       
    • By TheOldGuard
      Hi All,
       
      Presenting my new WIP - Cadirith, Demonic Colossal Spider!
       
      I haven't decided on a colour scheme or anything yet but I've been Googling images of tarantulas, arachnids & insects for inspiration. Anyway, this leggy beast should look something like this after assembly:
       

       
       
      On this model, there is a large void underneath the abdomen & I was unsure whether to fill it in or not. I decided to go ahead & do it as it looks a bit weird from the sides otherwise, also It should help to give it a bit of weight or balance.
       
      I started by filling the majority of the hole with green stuff:
       

       
       
      After drying, I mixed up some Millliput (which I much prefer to sculpt in) & then applied & sculpted the outer case of the abdomen in 3 sections:
       

       

       

       
       
      Finally, after an hour or so of drying time I sculpted in a basic hair texture by dragging lines in the putty with a pointy tool using the surrounding areas as a reference guide:
       

       
       
      I'm generally not super confident with sculpting but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.
       
       
      Anyway that's it for now, back soon with some actual painty stuff!
       
       
       
       
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...