Dreadmere swords for hire - show no chill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      Axee wielding mercenary from Dreadmere, as part of an RCL duo 
      with @Maledrakh
      I also have him in metal, somewhere.  

• By Maledrakh
      Your party is travelling through the swamps when you hear a strange croaking noise...it sounds a bit like "wakkawakkawakka...fruit"

The giant frogs from the Dreadmere expansion.

More pics below

• By R2ED
      @ShantyShakin i took some inspiration from your work and decided to keep mine close.  Thanks for the idea! 

I'm going to do a couple of parts here.  
      Currently I'm in the base layer stage and just got all the colors down.  Will be washing and highlighting next.  Thought it might be cool to see the before and after this time. 

• By R2ED
      Practice did not make perfect on this one, but there are some good things that came out of them.  
      I'm going state UP FRONT that the hair went poorly on all of them.  I'm not willing to go back and fix at this point, since it wasn't my main focus in getting them done, but wow - really came out bad.  Oh well.

Battle Report.
      Mercenary w/ Mug = #1
      Mercenary w/ axe = #2
      Mercenary w/ crossed eyes = #3

Wins:
      1.  Capes all turned out pretty good.  Was trying to go from dark color to light color and see if I could mix in different tones to get different results.
      2.  Attempted a different skin tone.  Used Game Color Flat Flesh and added in some MSP breast cancer awareness pink for some "life" in it, and it worked out well.  Not my best skin, but better.  Plus I've got to use as much of that pink as a I can!
      3.  Did two different primers: #1 and #3 got black primer to start.  #2 was a Vallejo Leather Brown primer to start.  Definitely liked the leather brown better than black.
      4.  Again, used very, very thin paints and had to do multiple layers, but the overall look came out better. At least, before Iattempted to drybrush and f'd up #1 and #3.
      5.  Worked on using blacklining around boots, belts, and areas where the two colors were close.  #1 and #3 had this the most.  I will do it again!
      6.  Used washing only in folds of cloaks or where seams were.  This is something I've been attempting to use more sparingly as I often get that coffee staining and can't figure out why my wash looks like hell and other's looks great.  Using less and buliding up is better.

Misses:
      1.  Dry brushing.  DO NOT use a brush I 'think' might be dry and isn't.  Now #3 looks like he's in the frigid north.  
      2.  Dry Brushing.  Still need to learn what colors I can mix over others for drybrushing.  I thought a grey might be neutral enough.  nope.  Need help here on what color can be drybrushed over others to bring out a contrast without looking like it's frosted.
      3.  Eyes on #3 got a little crazy.  He now leads a life of trouble because of how the other mercenaries made fun of him...
      4.  Steel on the #2 was better, but still needs work.  Tried thinning with a little ink and then going back over with another non-mixed coat.  Work in progress.
      5.  Hair - all of them have terrible hair.  This is a major pain point for me.  I hate hair.  If I can't figure out how to start getting hair under control, I'm going to start hunting for bald heroes or creatures only.  NEED HELP!
      6.  Attempted on #1 and #3 non-wash.  #2 I did a sketch style start, but the results weren't that great.  I think my dry brushing might be a little heavy-handed.  (See brown prime and light dusting start)

• By Iridil
      Here is the fisherman from Dreadmere Bones IV expansion.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)