Getting to Know You, February 2021

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed @buglips*the*goblin whenever he's in town. He seems to be attracted to me, god bless him, and I feed him mostly chicken tenders and whatever American fast food he requests.

Okay, it’s a day late, but I made my Chinese food.    Pork lo Mein stir fry   Chicken and broccoli (since I didn’t have any beef)   I’m stuffed!

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ende

Posted Images

On 2/5/2021 at 8:34 PM, TaleSpinner said:

February 6-7

WEEKEND QUEST!!!

Cook something fantastic this weekend, take a picture, and post it.

Have a great weekend!

During a normal week (or month), I only cook my lunches for the coming week.  This week, my lunches will be chicken seasoned with rosemary and garlic, tossed in balsamic vinegar, served with "hot" Italian-style turkey sausage and roasted golden beets.  (My lunches tend to be protein heavy since my wife cooks dinner and she's mostly vegetarian.  Vegetarian food is rarely high protein.)

I didn't take any pictures.  Sorry.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 9
8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

94069552_PXL_20210207_2150052732.thumb.jpg.5448418b7fd0fa5d1ac3e207dcf4aa2e.jpg

Having a sad. :mellow:
That looks so good. 
I have no **oven that could bake anything like that. I have no pizza place that would deliver anything like that. 

**I have a dead oven, but there is no money to fix it. 

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm sincerely disappointed that "Scottish twist" didn't involve deep frying the whole thing.....

Hehehehe

::D:

On 2/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, TaleSpinner said:

February 7th

WEEKEND QUEST!!!

Cook something fantastic this weekend, take a picture, and post it.

Fail. 
There was warmed up, left over, fast food from yesterday. There was a loaf of bread that got sliced up in order to ditch the slice that bread-mold had started on. Two pieces got toasted, four went in the fridge, and the moldy one went in the trash. 

There just wasn’t any cooking today. 
Fail. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, February 8:  What are you working on this month?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10
42 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I am wrapping up a Dark Sword Anthropomorphic Snail Cartographer, sculpting another Mushroom Witch aka Babe, AND I have Faerie Fellow conversions, Mushrooms, & such awaiting basing & painting. SO...no plans for the month.

• Like 10
46 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Finishing the minis i started for last month's NMM classes with Aaron Lovejoy.

Finishing a study of sheer fabric.

And tackling a bust I started last spring. I painted myself into a corner, it needed to be painted disassembled which led me to paint sections to completion rather than paint everything at once. Now, I don't think the parts look quite right together but I don't want to ruin what I've done.  I know what I need to do... its just paint after all... but I'm a bit scared. 

• Like 11
52 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

My basement floor, but I have been working on that since December.  I had a 35' crack that I had leveled.  After that I had someone out to measure for LVT flooring.  Found out that even after leveling it was not flat enough to put that type in.  Going to be hard anyway.  This is my Gamming Room/Library.  With over 4000 books, all my board games and several tables this 38' by 32' room has 1/3 of the floor covered by bookcases, tables and desks.  Moving all that to another floor is going to be a job.  Hopefully we can do half of the job, move everything to that side then do the other half.

• Like 12

Finally finished a project that took way longer than anticipated.  This month is about easy minis I can complete in an evening or two.  

Though as soon as I get tired of that I've got two big worms to work on.

• Like 11

Unsure... I just finished up a bunch of IMEF troops, and am debating what to work on next, though there are several options. Definitely need to get the snakeman out and work on him before the end of the month. I should have it figured out by the end of today though.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Keeping the family sane, getting the parents vaccinated, hoping to keep the library open.

It's little wonder I have no output left for art, or really anything else. Still just digging on video games to clear the mind. Madden 20 (I'm back on boycott), Civ VI, and a fun little rogue-ish Deep Sky Derelicts. Also playing a bit of bass when the shoulder allows, because I can do that without conscious thought, art still contains too much active skill acquisition but music is embedded in my deep subconscious.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ended up working on larger minis

IMG_20210208_143114470.thumb.jpg.dea1ad1065d9e5f61a6fafd2e9a61970.jpg

I'm still trying to slog through my Phoenix Roc. Eight layers of paint and counting :zombie:

IMG_20210127_215205602.thumb.jpg.09affcf7133e2970f481b03e26b03e16.jpg

...and trying to do this mini justice ^_^

IMG_20210208_140636133_HDR.thumb.jpg.ed90b3bd6a25662c07b418626c58e7d6.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 17