Getting to Know You, February 2021

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, February 8:  What are you working on this month?

Should I be worried that I first read this as Where are you working this month?

Probably...

Anyway, theoretically I'm working on a 15mm Great War French army, but whether or not that happens remains to be seen, so I'll claim that I'm working on my Warband Builder for WarGods instead, cause that may actually see some progress (website where I'm coding up everything...silly me)

• Like 7
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed @buglips*the*goblin whenever he's in town. He seems to be attracted to me, god bless him, and I feed him mostly chicken tenders and whatever American fast food he requests.

Okay, it’s a day late, but I made my Chinese food.    Pork lo Mein stir fry   Chicken and broccoli (since I didn’t have any beef)   I’m stuffed!

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ende

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Unpacking.

Once that's done, I'm going to find something simple to throw some paint at to get back into it.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Hmmm:

Gaming: Whatever is needed for Saturday games. I'd like to at least get a dark wash on each figure, but I'm just happy to have figures for the games I run right now.

Models: Finish up the 2 Porsche kits I've been working on (1997 GT1 911 "Champion" & Porsche 934 Turbo RSR Group 4 "Valiant"). Continue to work on Ford GT1 "Motorcraft" & other car kits

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Unsure... I just finished up a bunch of IMEF troops, and am debating what to work on next, though there are several options. Definitely need to get the snakeman out and work on him before the end of the month. I should have it figured out by the end of today though.

Okay, figured out what I'll be working on!

3 Giant Cobras (Now started!)

1 Nagendra Leader (Started!)

2 Minitaurs (assembled)

IMG_20210208_140417.jpg

• Like 12
22 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

A few different things come to mind but mainly its... 

- Sculpting work on driver for the LAV in Project:Midnight Raid (and then work on getting things primed) 

- Continue assembling M1150 Assault Breacher Vehicle 

- Getting basic paint work down on my LAV III 

- More than likely some gunpla kits, since I have four more o nthe way now... 

- finish painting my Queen of Hell! 

• Like 6
23 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

If we are mentioning things other than hobby / art activity...

I’m working on getting the COVID Jabs (1 down one to go)

My truck needs a sticker. 

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, February 9: Do you still use a paper calendar; if so, what is this year's theme on your calendar.

While I personally don't, our household does, as my parents are fairly anti-technology. Last year was chickens and roosters. I'm not sure if this year's has a theme; I think it was blank, and mom had to write the numbers for the appropriate day herself... um, there may have been a mistake when filling that out, as a month that should have had 31 days only got 30, throwing off the rest of the year... I'm not sure if she got around to ordering a new one.

I had one for last year, but never wrote in it. I just like to look at the puppy pictures for each month (Labrador puppies, naturally).

• Like 9
20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, February 9: Do you still use a paper calendar; if so, what is this year's theme on your calendar.

Yes I do...it is thoroughly noted with the events of each day.

I have a calendar from my bank, First United aka American Bank of Texas, with photos taken by the folks that work there. AND I have an Audubon Calendar...the later is sans notes.

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Which one?  My city sends us a Calendar with recycle days etc. with a theme this year of commercial/civic sites.  I also have a Dilbert day calendar and a Yosemite Conservancy one in the office. I'm not one to drop something that works for the new thing that is not as convenient. 

• Like 9
43 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

We're mostly switched over to online calendars now, but my folks sent out a calendar for this year that was a fundraiser for their local health clinic and it is all pictures of the area I'm from, so that is nice since I can't get home to enjoy the views right now...

• Like 9
54 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I do, but I just draw them into my notebook...So this year’s theme is “calligraphic month names”. ...::D: (Same as last year...)

A407725B-65FB-4D59-B7A4-AEB63E5C6E44.jpeg.31f43966757bce074ed2732b5a39a99b.jpeg

• Like 14
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

No, I stopped using one around 2014 I think. The last one I got was "The Oatmeal" by Mattew Inman.

I pretty much use either calendar on my phone or computer, or if I want a bigger picture of things, I'll just hunt down the month I need on the net.

• Like 8