Getting to Know You, February 2021

44 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*pulls robes hurriedly out of the dirty-ish laundry pile* 

Wednesday, February 24: Of all the places you've traveled, what was your least favorite? (and why?) Where is one place you have no interest in ever visiting?

Atlanta, GA repeatedly disappoints.  I would give up body organs to never return there. 

• Like 11
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed @buglips*the*goblin whenever he's in town. He seems to be attracted to me, god bless him, and I feed him mostly chicken tenders and whatever American fast food he requests.

Okay, it’s a day late, but I made my Chinese food.    Pork lo Mein stir fry   Chicken and broccoli (since I didn’t have any beef)   I’m stuffed!

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ende

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Wednesday, February 24: Of all the places you've traveled, what was your least favorite? (and why?) Where is one place you have no interest in ever visiting?

Cleveland.  I've only ever been there for work, and the weather has always made it seem dreary and miserable.

While there are some megalithic sites that would be cool to visit, England is probably last on my list of places to go.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Can't say I can answer either wholeheartedly. My least favorite would probably be Wisconsin, not because it's bad, but because everywhere else I've been has been better.

Also, I was really young at the time and so I can barely remember it, so...

• Like 8

Can't say that I wouldn't want to visit again the places that I've been to, they were all interesting to me. Though the next time I go to Edmonton, I will make sure to get a hotel in a better part of town than last time.

• Like 7

New Jersey.

Place I have no interest in visiting is... North Korea.

7 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thanks @Crowley, my boss called me into an impromptu meeting at the time I usually post.

No worries!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Wednesday, February 24: Of all the places you've traveled, what was your least favorite? (and why?)

Murfreesboro, TN.  Went there for a friend's wedding. His first of several. The place did not favorably impress.

Where is one place you have no interest in ever visiting?

Venus. Anywhere on Venus. All points on Venus.

Earth locations?  It depends on circumstances… I might even try North Korea if I was guaranteed to be treated like NBA Royalty (Dennis ? Rodman) -or- If my Conquering Inquisitorial Army of Liberation were big and bad enough I'd be alright taking it most anywhere.  Except maybe Talibanistan…there might be some folk on this earth too wretchedly-hard-nosed to bother with. And I am just not in a bad enough mood to go all Dalek on anybody, (…today).

• Like 6

I have no desire to ever go back to Gatlinsburg. Unfortunately I do love the Smoky Mountains, and to get to the central and eastern portions of the park you pretty much have to go through there when coming from my location. Everything there just seems so fake and contrived. The only point of it all is to separate you from your money. All that beauty to be explored just south of there in the mountains and here's this entire city dedicated to nothing but waste and excess. Shameful. If I were a praying man I would pray to the gods to scrape Pigeon Forge and Gatlinsburg off the face of the earth and start over.

I also have no desire to go back to Las Vegas. I'm not against vice and gambling per se, but I really don't enjoy it myself and can't stand having it shoved in my face everywhere I look.

Can't say if there's anywhere I have no interest in going. Guess I'd have to check it out first to know for sure.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Someplace in Kentucky, I don't remember the name, but I remember the empty cornfield where I attended the strangest of all the weddings I've attended. The field was well off a country road, the path marked by spray-painted rocks. When I got to the clearing, there was a legit police vehicle with "jailer" written on it (not a gag either, legit jailer cop car). The groom wore a gun during the 7 minutes it took for down the aisle and back up (only Spaceballs had a shorter ceremony!). That only scratches the surface of the ordeal, just say I felt slightly out of place. I can say I've been to Kentucky, met the people; it's been scratched off the list, no need to go back.

I don't really have an interest in visiting anything in the Caribbean. My genetics are not suited for that much sunshine, and there likely isn't enough sunscreen in the world. It's about 50/50 odds as to whether I'd erupt into flames like a vampire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Sorry, Connecticut, but you have the worst traffic and drivers of anywhere along the East US.  And yes I am factoring in NYC and Ohio.  Semi annual drives from Pittsburgh to Providence and nothing has me gripping my wheel tighter than the drive through Connecticut.

It's hard to pick a place I wouldn't want to visit.  I don't have a list of those ready to go.  Boredom and ethics would be the deciding factors.  So I wouldn't want to visit a combination Sweatshop/DMV.

• Like 7
On 2/23/2021 at 4:17 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, February 23: Of all the places you’ve traveled, what was your favorite? (If you have never traveled away from home, where would you most like to go?)

Italy and Greece. More specifically Venice. I could have spent forever there.

Florida. Disney World was fun but definitely could have gone without the Florida bit.

• Like 7

A grasshopper infested McDonald’s in the middle of nowhere between Sacramento and LA. Grasshoppers everywhere. Ick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

Las Vegas; I have had to go there several times and hated it.  I strongly dislike cities, lots of people, crowds, and excess; so yeah Vegas is not a place I will willingly go.  Unfortunately, they are often the host of software conventions, and I have to go for work.

No interest in ever visting:
- New York city (shudder, too many people)
- Anywhere where my OCD would spend the entire trip trying to convince me that I am about to die (mostly places with high rates of malaria and other disease; or known or reputed people who would mean to harm me; doesn't need to be a real threat for my OCD to decide that it is).  Note that if the birding is good enough (Costa Rico I'm looking at you), I might be willing to tell the inner German (my name for the OCD thoughts) to shut the F up and sit down, we have a Keel-Billed Toucan to see!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

NYC in the winter was horrible. Cold,  smelly, and full of the loudest and rudest people I've ever encountered. 

And I have no interest in going to Portland 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

So far I found every place I've visited to have it's charm.

I have no interest in visiting any country ruled by a dictator since that would mean supporting the regime with my tourist money...

• Like 8