Getting to Know You, February 2021

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, February 25: What’s your favorite scent?

Wet dewey forest trail in the spring morning, tinted with the wood smoke that carries the smell (and sound) of crisping bacon and brewing coffee.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed @buglips*the*goblin whenever he's in town. He seems to be attracted to me, god bless him, and I feed him mostly chicken tenders and whatever American fast food he requests.

Okay, it’s a day late, but I made my Chinese food.    Pork lo Mein stir fry   Chicken and broccoli (since I didn’t have any beef)   I’m stuffed!

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ende

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

There are lots to pick from (the beach, a crisp autumn breeze, a turkey roasting) but for me: race fuel exhaust.  

Standing out on a marshal's stand, usually the 3rd session of the morning (normal rotation is lightweights/slow bike, fast lightweights/slower big bikes, and then fast big bikes third) that first lap when a 600 or 1000 goes by running race fuel on the warm up lap, and I'm instantly in my happy place.

Sadly the cars don't seem to run it (or the same type) so the smell I most associate with them is burnt brakes, and that is not a happy place smell, but more of a "where's my fire bottle" kind of smell.....

• Like 8
3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Fresh cut hay. It smells different than grass. 

I also really like Konk. It smells like soap, but it reminds me of being a little girl. One year I was in the shop at the farm and I mentioned to the hired man that dad bought that soap I like. He said it's not soap, it's bug poison. 

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 9

That's a tough one. I'm not sure I can pick just one. The smell of the hay loft in the summer after you've just filled it with new hay. The smell right after it rains. Wood smoke, especially cedar. Fresh baked bread. Clothes right out of the dryer. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

That candle shop at the mall, or the incense tent at Faire where all the good smells mingle. 

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Fresh cut hay. It smells different than grass. 

3 minutes ago, Loim said:

That's a tough one. I'm not sure I can pick just one. The smell of the hay loft in the summer after you've just filled it with new hay. 

Ah, the smell of an imminent allergy attack......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The smell of fresh printed resin

I love the smell of fresh cooked food.

Doesn't matter which, fresh baked bread or apple pie, a good curry, a sizzling steak, it all smells like Heaven.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

To follow up on yesterday's question... I asked my wife where is somewhere she has no desire to ever go again after I'd already answered here and she immediately said Gatlinsburg followed closely by Las Vegas. That means there is no force on the face of this earth that can force me back to either of those places. Thank goodness.

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I like the smell of lots of stuff, and probably couldn't pick a favorite. Cooking, baking and brewing smells. Especially fresh bread and raw hops, oh man I love the smell of hops. Lots of outdoor smells like that rain smell, ocean air, alpine forests, swamps, you name it. And each natural area smells not only different from the next, but I think they all smell different depending on the season. And that's something I love experiencing. Then there's that smell that tomatoes give off in the garden which is pretty great too, I always smile after coming in from the garden covered in tomato scent. 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

My beak doesn’t do scents. Griffins are sight-visual hunters (or at least this one is). 

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Ah, the smell of an imminent allergy attack......

I just get the allergy attacks without any olfactory warning. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Inarah said:

That candle shop at the mall, or the incense tent at Faire where all the good smells mingle. 

Both of those make me gag. Too much. It's overwhelming... Even walking past them makes me move as quickly as possible away from them as I can.

• Like 8