TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, February 2021

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, February 26: If you were a wrestler or other dramatic character, what would be your entrance theme song?

Totally depends on the wrestling persona.

If I want to be a mystical character, then only Magical Trevor will do.

But if I want to do a persona no one has yet to do (to my knowledge), then Weird Al's Amish Paradise is my inspiration. I mean, think of the possibilities with that gimmick. Signature moves are Churning Butter or the Barn Raiser. I'm tempted to trademark that now!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, February 26: If you were a wrestler or other dramatic character, what would be your entrance theme song?

I think that's two different questions - as a wrestler you'd want something suitably dramatic, but also higher-tempo, whereas a dramatic character you may want something a little more understated, but still dramatic

So, as a wrestler - Rebellion

As a dramatic character in a different context - A return to the beautiful

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Well, based on how well I wrestle, probably the Mission: impossible theme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Good question.

What is your stance on folding chairs that only appear when the ref is looking away?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:
4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Good question.

What is your stance on folding chairs that only appear when the ref is looking away?

The persona of Magical Trevor would conjure such items seemingly out of thin air, as if by the spell Conjure Folding Chair.

Isaiah Yoder, the Amish persona, would turn the other cheek to such practices. But if he had to (if he had a heel turn/went villain), he'd probably prefer a well-made handcrafted folding chair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I actually was a wrestler briefly before injuries hit.

This was my theme. A metal version of the Misty Mountains song

https://youtu.be/9eNnmIam0uM

And also during my attempt at a comeback

https://youtu.be/nOjlr42RVjg

Edited by Smallbunyanga
  • Like 3

Our Quisitor is out of Town this weekend, so he asked me to post this.

Weekend, February 27-28: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Once again WOOF denies the capture of Talespinner so we could post our own question, sshhh...stop struggling!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Weekend, February 27-28: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Once again WOOF denies the capture of Talespinner so we could post our own question, sshhh...stop struggling!

every child is different, so don't be afraid to ignore advice about raising them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm not sure about general life advice but as far as hobby advice goes it is this.

Don't compare yourself to others. You won't see your own growth if you concentrate on others' work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Huh, plenty of good options out there, but it's hard to think of one that would truly work, and work well.  There's obvious heavy metal options, but just to really mess with people I'd probably go with some sort of tektonic sonic.... 

I'll edit in a link when I get on my desktop..  Assuming I remember. 

EDIT: Okay, yeah, it was TekTek - Get Away I was thinking of, but that just won't do, so...  Screw it, we'll go with the song that still TO THIS DAY is my ring tone, and a good portion of the chorus has been for like six or seven years on my phone....  Aesthetic Perfection - A Nice Place to Visit.

Strong visuals (blood, swearing, general nsfw stuff)

My ringtone confuses sooooooo many people whenever someone calls me!

Yeah, not gonna lie, it's one of my top three favourites Daniel has done.

Other possible contenders would probably be Funker Vogt - Hard Way, or Combichrist - Sent to Destory

Funker Vogt - Hard Way.  CONTENT WARNING: Flashlight lights, as well as alcoholism

Combichrist - Sent to Destory.  Lot of flashing in this one.

Oooooh, totally forgot about this one.  Hard to find one on YouTube that isn't compressed to all sin, but this is one of the better versions I've found of RodiStyle - Can't Touch This (Radio Edit): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238vCFvDc7k

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Don't use a hobby knife when tired, doubly so if you've recently installed a sharp blade in it. 

Struggling and squirming?  That's a cat in a blanket, the vixens guarding him got bored, and locked him in a nice forge room. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

My Father's advice.

When dealing with strangers, look them in the eyes and trust your gut..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Always wear clean underpants.

Thanks, Mom.

• Haha 1