Getting to Know You, February 2021

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Our Quisitor is out of Town this weekend, so he asked me to post this.

Weekend, February 27-28: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Once again WOOF denies the capture of Talespinner so we could post our own question, sshhh...stop struggling!

Ask her out.  (given by my boss.  She was talking about the woman who is now my wife.)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feed @buglips*the*goblin whenever he's in town. He seems to be attracted to me, god bless him, and I feed him mostly chicken tenders and whatever American fast food he requests.

Okay, it’s a day late, but I made my Chinese food.    Pork lo Mein stir fry   Chicken and broccoli (since I didn’t have any beef)   I’m stuffed!

I'm trying to slog through my Reaper Challenge League entries, but I haven't been well the last week (thankfully not that, don't worry, I've been tested) so my hands were a 'tiny' bit shaky and I ende

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Weekend, February 27-28: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Once again WOOF denies the capture of Talespinner so we could post our own question, sshhh...stop struggling!

I have my father-in-law to thank for this:  In marriage the man always makes the big important decisions, and the woman takes care of the little decisions. And there ain't been no big decisions yet. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Haha 15
8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Happiness is more important than money

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It seems most of what I remember has come from the great Canadian philosopher, Red Green.

Dating advice:
 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkjuXbHHHFxWGaxt7IGWG

Relationship advice:

14c3d8fe97ae69547bb1c953023cec4d--so-fun

And most importantly:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnyuocoZbj_3SqqwcrrMR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

"Never sniff goblin farts." - @buglips*the*goblin

That advice was given to me when I first arrived, and it has saved my life ever since then. Though that might be to his detriment.

• Haha 10

Imagine reality is different, then convince yourself to believe it. 

As magic (age 9) 

As  cognitive behavior therapy (age 28) 

I usually use on the following, from least to most useful : 

Gravity, Heat, Exercise, Emotions. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Given by my adult co-workers when I was the only one under the age of 18 at my first job:

'Don't be in such a hurry to grow up'

Then, I thought they were crazy. Now, I know they were right.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't know about the best, but one that immediately comes to mind is "No matter what you do, just own it and you'll turn out fine.

I do a lot of stupid stuff on accident, so this has really saved my biscuits.

• Like 9
18 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is from a couple of years ago regarding art, but I've found that it applies to so much.

"Sometimes there are slumps, but when you really look back, there was something else that had a claim on your energy for awhile."

image.png.b55912c9ae4e84d2b804ad219b5a270b.png

I've struggled so much in recent years with things that claimed my energy, some beyond my control and others I didn't let go.

Forgiving myself and my physical limitations is one of the most difficult things I'm working on, but I'm getting there.

And I'll be with my art and a healthier brain when I do.

Thanks, Wiebe. :wub:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
On 2/27/2021 at 2:05 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Keep going, most people are bad at most things when they start, they don't stay that way. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
On 2/26/2021 at 7:20 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, February 26: If you were a wrestler or other dramatic character, what would be your entrance theme song?

Misfits: "Where Eagles Dare" by day, and Nazareth: "Hair of the Dog" by night.

I don't know if it's the best advice, but I have been told that when following free advice you get what you pay for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

There is never enough time, if it's important, do it now.

• Like 5