• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection

• By dks
      I've finished another project that was on my to-do list for years.
      First the pics, then some more words:

This was a special resin figure from ReaperCon 2014 (April 24-27 that year) -- sculpted by Bobby Jackson, given to attendees who paid extra for the Artist Banquet on Saturday night. 
      I was supposed to paint him for Reaper's studio collection after the con, but I got distracted with other stuff and he fell off my list.
      He had the SKU 01529 for a while, and although he is out of production now, his clone will be back soon in Bones 5 as part of the "Dreadmere Personas" Core Set extra.  I'll try to remember to revise the tags of this post when he has a new 77xxx or 78xxx number.
      Ian Markon (Kuro Cleanbrush) painted a spectacular rendition in 2015 as "Knight of the Blood Moon", with red armor and wings.  You can find it here on the Forum by searching for "01529".

So far in 2021, I've been finishing some figures left over from years past ... and getting points in the Reaper Challenge League for it.
      This guy earned 3 points for the April theme of "No More Sunrises" (vampires and other nocturnal or subterranean monsters). 

I couldn't decide on a color scheme so I started painting a cool grey monochrome as if he were in moonlight. 
      I was going to add a warm light from behind, too, but I just kept going with the cool monochrome all around. 
      I concentrated on the differences in contrast and texture among the materials: armor plates and trim, cloak exterior and interior, sword (blade, crossguard, pommel, hilt), gems, skin, hair, teeth, stone steps, skull, etc.

I spent extra time on the face, as always, such as getting the blends very smooth. 
      The eyes are sculpted very large, which gave me freedom to manipulate the expression.  I painted the upper lids a fraction of a millimeter lower, to get just the right half-lidded look.
      And in order to make him seem more feral, I painted his scleras darker and irises lighter.  I did this a few years ago on a half-orc Pathfinder figure I painted (Skreed Gorewillow).

The specific colors were Blue Liner ("black"), the cold grey triad (9172 Stormcover Grey, 9173 Coldstone Grey, and 9174 Icy Grey, now out of production), Misty Grey, and Pure White.
      The blending was somewhat challenging, because the greys changed value from wet to dry!  Stormcover Grey dries a little lighter, and Icy Grey and Misty Grey dry a little darker.  On the back of the cloak, for example, I would see a spot where I wanted to deepen the shadow, and Stormcover Grey looked perfect while wet, but then it would dry lighter and the "shadow" disappeared!  So I had to add Blue Liner to the Stormcover Grey, and trusted that what looked too dark at first would look right when dry.  This phenomenon made it fun to paint little streaks of Stormcover Grey on the interior of the cloak or the sword blade, because the streak would go on invisible over the black, but then appear grey as it dried a few seconds later.

Enjoy!

Derek
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Odds are this thread may be a tad slow at times due to a variety of factors, but probably also because of the fact it's not only a resin conversion kit, but a recast one since you can't get the original one anymore.

Right off the bat, I have to say this: No, I won't be painting it in Kirk's colours.  They're nice, but I'm not one to always do the "canon colours" or "factory paintjob" thing.  I'm actually kind of thinking of some sort of patchy and "muddied" scatter camouflage based off of some sort of combination of Spotted Hyenas, Dalmatians, and even Great Danes.

^Obligatory "glory shot" of what I suspect will wind up being used.
      - Master Grade MS-06S Zaku II Ver 2.0 Char Aznable's (will mainly be used for the frame)
      - Universal Century MS-05L Zaku I Sniper resin conversion kit
      - SIMP/EVO Studio Zaku II (Ver 2.0) Grunts decal sheet
      - CJHobbies metal detail up parts kit (will mainly be used for leg thrusters as well as the mono-eye)

Yeah, it'll be a bit of a situation of not really using everything in that detail up kit, but such is life.  I don't want to try and figure out what size thrusters to get to work with the kit.  And yes, I know the Zaku I doesn't have the leg thrusters, but oh well.  Resin kit has them, and I kind of like that it's almost like it's a slightly modified Zaku I for better mobility.

^So uh, where's construction so far?  Well, truthfully?  This is where things left off, but will be seeing a decent amount of progress in the very near future.  Yup, you build the initial kit only to then take three quarters of it apart, whee!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/thundercoguarfalconbeards

Story
      By participating in this campaign you fully accept the Terms and Conditions - as stated in the Risks and Challenges section - in their entirety.
      Depending on the amount of orders received for each project, delivery dates might vary. The initial shipment dates indicated are not final, and even though we're committed to giving all our customers the best service we can, sometimes the amount of orders received might make the final shipment date vary compared to our initial estimates. Please keep this possibility in mind before placing your order.
      Regarding both the bundles and the stretch goals described above, no swaps of model of any kind are allowed. Therefore, please don’t ask us to swap any stretch goal with other add-ons or any perk models with other miniatures, because that cannot be done.
       Wait a minute… the estimated delivery time is after only three months? A Greebo campaign?!
      Oh yes, and here’s why: We’ve started production already! We’re convinced that we can at least reach the main campaign goal, which is why we started the whole manufacturing process. Therefore, the second you complete your Pledge Manager (let us remind you, if you don’t complete it, there will be no shipment, so do it!) your package will be processed and sent, as simple as that.
      We want to open and close this campaign in a record time, and we’re confident that we can do it!
       To follow, we would like to demonstrate to you how our renderings are identical to what you will receive:
       The top image is the digital 3D rendering of the piece, the bottom one is a photo of the actual miniature you will get.
    • By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)