My latest order from Reaper was placed 1/22, left Reaper the same day arriving at Denton, then Fort Worth, eventually leaving Fort Worth during the night.  After that, there's nothing on the tracking.

Does anyone have some USPS related shipping delays that might give me some insight?  

At what point should I start getting concerned?

• Like 1

My experience is that their tracker is not great, but is a little better if you sign up for status texts. It is also really slow now. It has taken anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks to get my packages.

• Like 3

USPS is still digging out from under their holiday overload.  Many places are still advising customers to expect exceptional delays on all mail orders.  And USPS still has this warning on their tracking page:  ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.

We had a package we mailed Priority Mail on December 17th just arrive on January 22nd.  And I know someone who just got their Christmas card last week.  

And as Kate said above, their use of tracking is hit or miss.  Many times they're just pushing stuff through rather than taking the time to scan it.

I wouldn't get concerned until mid March.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 4
  • Forum Mascot

Yeah, mail services are enduring some extreme delays.  2 weeks has turned into 2 months, and it's like this all over.  What exceptions there are to this are places where no mail is moving at all.  So, add some generous amount of days to the expected timeframe.  It sucks, but there isn't anything that can be done about it except to wait.  

• Like 3

USPS has indicated it is trying to deliver recently mailed packages within normal times while it works to eliminate the huge backlog of items mailed before Christmas -- sort of a last in first out approach.  That is consistent with my experience.  Some Packages mailed in December took weeks to arrive but everything mailed after the first week of January has been delivered within expected timeframe.  Likewise, a check of packages mailed under the Box of Goodwill exchange thread in this forum shows prompt delivery of packages mailed since mid- January with one possible exception.

Since your package was mailed in late January, I would be concerned if it doesn't show up within the next few days.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

USPS is still digging out from under their holiday overload.  Many places are still advising customers to expect exceptional delays on all mail orders.  And USPS still has this warning on their tracking page:  ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.

We had a package we mailed Priority Mail on December 17th just arrive on January 22nd.  And I know someone who just got their Christmas card last week.  

And as Kate said above, their use of tracking is hit or miss.  Many times they're just pushing stuff through rather than taking the time to scan it.

I wouldn't get concerned until mid March.

My wife and I just received a Christmas card yesterday  (2 February)(from one county over...) with a postmark of 21 December.  It had been almost two weeks since the previous Christmas card had come in, so I almost thought we were done...

• Like 5
On 2/2/2021 at 8:51 AM, Chris Palmer said:

We received bills last Friday postmarked the first of December.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

my bank's online portal mentioned i haven't paid my gas bill lately.  i called my gas company and switched that over to email statements.  all my regular bills are email now.  i guess i've been dragged into the 21st C with bills.  i did find it easier to process physical bills though.

• Like 2

I resisted for along while.  But I got SO tired of writing checks and stuffing envelopes, and taking stuff to the post office.  Most of my stuff is done online now.  I even have some things like the electric bill, phone/internet just gets paid automagically. 

• Like 1

We ordered items in November that showed up in late January.  I understood for Europe to US shipping.  I was only mildly annoyed by New England or Pacific NW to our SE address taking 3 weeks.

But when an item was shipped from just a few kes south of Atlanta to us about 30 miles North & that took 5 weeks!! (Normally 1 day, maybe 2), I was torqued off.  I started trying to find ways to avoid usps.  

• Like 1