Intended (and Unintended) Uses of Different Paints

After reading a couple of the more recent threads, I was wondering if there is a document summarizing the intended (and unintended) uses of some of the paints.  An example would be Samurai Jack's response in a post regarding the intent that Pearl White was for thinning (or is it highlighting?) the metallic colors without them separating.  The Clear colors are meant for glazing and reintroducing hue to a mini or to mix with other colors. Unintended uses such as using Brown Liner as a "primer" for Bones would be another example.

I was wondering if there was an intent behind the Brilliant series that I am not aware of?  I searched the directory, but couldn't find a document summarizing these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If a comprehensive document does not exist I would gladly help type something up if I could be pointed in the right direction for the information. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Loup_Garou_Gras
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl white is white pigment and metallic medium, so it does work as a highlight. I use it for sheer cloth or stockings, and face shields on sci-fi figures. 

If you really want to talk paint get on Twitch some morning when Anne is doing her stream, she was the one who designed and made all the Reaper paints and she tosses out tidbits all the time.  https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures   Or subscribe to her Patreon, "Painting_Big".  She talks a lot about why she made various paints the way she did and how to use them.  A lot of what you'll get here in the forum is repeated from her videos. 

• Like 2