Lidless Eye Hobbies: Stonehaven Adventurers (2020 set)

Lidless Eye

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Butch "Killer" Davis (50094) is a beautiful clean sculpt, good and pulpy without being overdone. He also gave me an excuse to go ahead and complete a boxing/wrestling ring bit of terrain--it had been rattling around in my brain for some years. And now, with a box lid, some nails, some electrical tape, and a few bits of string, the dream has become reality. 

"I've earned my stripes, and the poor fool in the other corner's gonna be seeing stars!" 

I knew sculpting a side of beef ribs would be handy more than once. Good training.

Click for a turnaround with Price the Trainer (originally a Groundskeeper from Artizan; I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this dude)

Price's training style is...eccentric. (Hence the shovel.) Very big on the principle "prepare for everything." As such, he favors outlandish sparring partners with exotic styles.
      "Larry the Leprechaun," a vicious bareknuckle flyweight, for example. What if your opponent is hard to reach and nimble, a.k.a. 'the Oddjob Problem'?

Or what if your opponent uses A CHAIR OH NOOOO! and employs the ropes in bizarre high-flying stunts? It's EL DIABLOOOOOOOOOO! (50035, last seen in the Weird West)

Or how about a taller opponent with a bigger off-limit strike zone?! Think fast, Butch! It's La Mujer Increible! (50212, also seen previously)

Managed that? Good start. Now let's put you up against a challenge. The brutish man-mountain Mister Hyde! (Modified Clay Golem, 02706)! Taller, stronger, bigger, meaner. Good luck!

Oh, these were fun to photograph. 
      Click for extra shots:

The ring itself. In retrospect I should have had the string corners wrapping around the inside of the posts, but eh, not bad for 20 minutes and some junk,

• By Bustawolf
      Long time no post but here's a tiny wizard
    • By Lidless Eye
      To celebrate the ongoing Reaper Miniatures: Bones 6 Kickstarter, I decided to paint nothing but Bones while it runs.

Here are the current results (though there's a lot more that got a few colors and were set aside)

The Catoblepas:

The Hydra:

The Greater Basilisk:

Cockatrices:

The Plague Twins:

Patchwork Golems:

'Folk Wizards:

Feral Vampire:

KOBZAR SOLOVEIKO, NIGHTINGALE BARD

Shroomie

The Bones 6 Promo Goblin:

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening to all of you in the final week of the Kickstarter!

Not at all related to Kickstartes, but once a part of one, this next miniature is a female Halfling Bard, sculpted by Mike Evans at Stonehaven Miniatures. This mini in itself was part of his Halfling Kickstarter, which created a hole bunch of different hobbits, guys and gals, with different professions and adventuring classes.

and a close up of her face:

Once again, no idea on the colors I wanted to use, so I basically just went for the skin, face and hair, and then had to start working on her attire, inside out, shirt first, later pants and then hat and armor.  Ended up with this yellow, blue and pink pallet, which hopefully doesn't clash too much!

Anyhoos, enjoy and put in your Kickstarter bids!
    • By Lidless Eye
      I've just finished with the first batch from the new Kingpin of Dunkeldorf Kickstarter.

They're very fun miniatures, nice details and an Oldhammer feel.