Incandescent fire!  Very nice, especially for just a night's work.  Effective contrast and colors overall. 

You could take those black spiky bits closer to white or pale orange to make them look like shiny smooth obsidian, but any other extra work would be smoothing and refining, in diminishing returns.

Derek

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone, I just took some pictures of the 02479, Ettin I completed last night. This is a Dark Heaven Legends metal model that was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It stand on a 50mm base and I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. Coincidently, I was delighted to see the amazing upcoming two-headed Troll also sculpted by Jason Wiebe that was announced last night during Reaper Live #117 on Twitch. (see the image under spoiler and the end of the post).

• By Erramir Orlans
      Hello people! i would like to share with you an upcoming Kickstarter campaign that will start on April 20 and last until May 10.

This is the preview page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joygamesinteractive/the-holy-roman-empire?ref=d1ay07&token=6758305e

As the title says, it will offer Rank & file 3d printable models to make an Imperial Army (15-16th century Germany/Holy Roman Empire), including chracters, commanders, and special troops/artillery
      The main pledge of $30 usd, gives 63 models (core units). As add-ons, at 75% off (compared to webstore prices), there will be sets of models (from previous releases in the patreon) and scenery.

The base pledge:

There will be some freebies stretch goals, and other payed, Like ogres mercenaries(x3), Giant, volley gun, heavy arquebusier/sharpshooter, and moarrr!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, back to the classics today. Here my render of Ben Siens 77009, Werewolf.

• By Darcstaar
      Here was my entry for the 16th quarterly  Reaper Facebook Contest.  I was honored to receive an honorable mention.  There were dozens of fantastic entries.  

I wanted to try a white dragon coloration.  I have Deathsleet in my queue, so this is a test run.  His scales are Dragon White.  The ventral surfaces are more of a bone color with Creamy Ivory and Linen White, with Sepia Wash.

His dagger is a green NMM.  His eyes are gem-like, not lizard pupils.  The skirt completes the “triangle of interest” green color.  I rebased him on a Micro Arts 30mm Sewer base.

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I wanted to keep him as a rogue, so I chose a dagger and loot bag from his hand choices.  I also painted his armor as leather with some gold NMM.

Enjoy.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Another little piece that I am happy to finally have completed.  I love these monsters and they are often in my dungeons but rarely seen and never sought after.  Hunting these is like hunting the garbage collector, you only do it when you think you threw out something valuable.  But there have been a couple of points where I wished I had a miniature for it and now that's resolved.  Hope you like him... I named him Fred 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)