New Gallery Is Up

Vaitalla

*sigh*

I wish I could make it, especially with the little one AND it would give me an excuse to finish up Anne's version of BONK! (yes, she is getting a BONK! of her very own... be warned all ReaperPainters). Problem right now is fundage and getting there. One car is not doing well enough for me to trust it to make the trip safely and the other has no A/C, and there's no way I'm making the trip with Thomas in the car without it.

I could SOOO use another sit-down with Anne and Co.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the conference only gonna be for the one day? ::(:

I didn't get to spend much time at Anne's table during Reaper-Con, and it's a long way for me to travel for one day.

Hopin' for more...

Kev

Just because it only officially runs for a day doesn't mean a bunch of us can't just hang out for a day or two extra. I'm planning on driving (assuming I even get a ticket to the conference), so I'll be pretty flexible for my arrival and departure dates.

Heh heh! Not a problem! :lol:

How did you get a job painting for Reaper? :huh:

Tommy.

Well, I asked Ron how Michael started working for us, and it was soooooo long ago he couldn't even remember, but I suspect Michael got a job painting for us by showing something he'd painted to ReaperRon, whereupon Ron said something like, "Pardon me while I chain you to this table with a paintbrush and some minis...would you like some free metal?" And he's been abused ever since. Or at least that's what happened to me. Kinda. Or close, anyway. ::D:

--Anne-the-Other-Reaper-Paint-Slave

Ooops, I replied to this one in a PM. I think the gist of it was:

:blink: Luck, Timing, and Proximity :blink: I was initially hired for NORS quickies somewhere around 2 years ago? After the first painters gathering I attended, Anne was hired on as staff-painter & she took me under her wing.

In theory, I've improved since then. Don't blame any lack of progress on Anne.. it's all my fault!!!

The "chained to a table" part is all true.....

That sound about right Anne?

... or else I'm going to have to find a way to San Francisco to kick your butt. 

Does that also apply to me???

::P:

Nope, Jester, it's *my* job to kick your butt. <evil grin> What, I partially-convert you to white primer and make you double your painting time and you think I'm *done*?? Just wait 'till the Artists' Conference...

--Anne, The Evil Reaper Paint-Mistress

Oh, yes I fully anticipate another butt-whuppin' in October... :lol:

But then again, I'm quite deserving of all the kicks in the keister that I have coming my way... I know more than anyone just how far I have to go before I really start to be a good painter.

...I wanna be a Reaper painter... but painting under a deadline must be a bear. The big, snarly kind with lots of teeth.

Yes, it is... it most definitely is...

"FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

<runs and hides before Anne digs out more schakles>

Not that I have much chance (or will) of avoiding that... 

Heh, you've been chained a lot longer, Kel... ::P:

So, yes I will be at the Fall Gathering, I've just confirmed it. Somehow I expect the sign reading "Alien's Washroom" to be changed to "Jester's Workroom" by the time I get there. :lol:

Jester - now one of the "chained" :huh:

...I wanna be a Reaper painter... but painting under a deadline must be a bear. The big, snarly kind with lots of teeth.

Yes, it is... it most definitely is...

And once you can make it past the big, snarly, lots of razor sharp teeth bear, you've got the other issues to deal with:

- It needs to match the colors in the black & white artwork

- It actually needs that other head... doh! :rock:

- Anne ::D:

- Ron ::D:

- Reaper "Is it done yet" Bryan (had to joke about it one more time)

- The static grass isn't the right color/height/flavor

- His hair is GREEN!!??? :blink:

- MOST IMPORTANTLY - you folks gotta like it!!!

All in good fun...

Bottom line, you've gotta love painting even when it hurts, sucks, and just isn't what you feel like doing at the end of the day...

That sound about right?

- Reaper "Is it done yet" Bryan (had to joke about it one more time)

Things I have learned at Reaper:

Never say 'Is it done yet' to a painter.

Never stick your hand in the 700 degree crucible.

Never lean against the vulcanizers.

Never refuse to take Ron to Walmart. (He has never forgiven me)

Never stand between Frosch and his Swag.

--LSH

It's funny 'Hammer, the online real "deadlines" I've gotten have been "sooner is better than later" and "take your time". Then again, I've been working mostly on stuff for Warlord. Which involves LOTS of Grunt-types.