GW/Warhammer single bits???

I was on Pippd the other day & I came across one of the GW technical paints called Hexwraith flame. Thinking it was a interesting color I decided to see if my FLGS had it in stock, as I have (or had) a ghost that Saturday D&D game party was going to meet. The shop didn't have the paint but I went online looking for info on this paint & I came across this particular figure:

IMG_20190104_205438_714.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

(the wraith I want is in the lower right corner on the first sprue #14)

Clicking the link to the pic, I seen it was from a set called Thorns of the Briar Queen & this guy is just a minion in the set. I'd love to get the bits just to make this particular figure. Any sites that might offer something like that? 

I don't really deal with GW figures all that much anymore so that is why I'm asking.

Thanks

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Well, there's this massive online bidding site that I get my used minis from. Quite often they have sellers that sell individual GW minis. 

Actually I tried that site before posting & there is nothing but full sets.

Actually, that model is split between both sprues.

The other half is second from the top on the right side of the right sprue.

I don't remember ever seeing that set parted out for bits and I regularly trawl the bits sellers for weapon bits.

Also, since the entire set is $25 it might just be easier to buy the set then sell the other models to a bit seller (or noble knight).

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

Actually, that model is split between both sprues.

The other half is second from the top on the right side of the right sprue.

I don't remember ever seeing that set parted out for bits and I regularly trawl the bits sellers for weapon bits.

Also, since the entire set is $25 it might just be easier to buy the set then sell the other models to a bit seller (or noble knight).

You're right. Some unknown reason I was thinking the sword was part of that one....

Yah, I'm thinkin a set purchase might be in order, as who knows the group could be useful in a incorporeal undead encounter.

• Like 2
Just now, Brianuk said:

If you are in UK or EU they released that set as part of the Mortal Realms magazine, issue 7. 

US, state of Oregon.

Sadly, most of the ebay seller that have the full set are in the UK. There are a couple from the US thou. Noble Knight doesn't have the set, only the card sleeves & I think the dice set.

You've chosen a bit of an awkward one. As an older Underworlds set, the ghosts have long since moved to direct from GW only, and before that they were one half of a starter set, so there's probably not that many of them out in the wild.

Fortunately, even at full price they're fairly cheap (by GW standards anyways).

Annoyingly, people splitting up sets to sell seems to be slowly dying out, I really want a certain mini from a newer Malifaux set, but no luck so far.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, aku-chan said:

You've chosen a bit of an awkward one. As an older Underworlds set, the ghosts have long since moved to direct from GW only, and before that they were one half of a starter set, so there's probably not that many of them out in the wild.

Fortunately, even at full price they're fairly cheap (by GW standards anyways).

Annoyingly, people splitting up sets to sell seems to be slowly dying out, I really want a certain mini from a newer Malifaux set, but no luck so far.

A lot of the bits sellers got hit hard by GW a few times with threats of lawsuits, followed by steps to prevent sales for people who would buy sets to break them up.

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, SotF said:

A lot of the bits sellers got hit hard by GW a few times with threats of lawsuits, followed by steps to prevent sales for people who would buy sets to break them up.

Yknow, if they'd just bring back the bits catalogue that would provide people a "legit" way of acquiring such parts... 

Not that I buy much if anything GW lately, and hearing about such practices tends to discourage almost as much as some of the player base (and staff at GW stores) does... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, SotF said:

Urgh, sometimes those guys are real idiots (And I say this as one of their fans).

• Like 3
18 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh, sometimes those guys are real idiots (And I say this as one of their fans).

The ones actually hit head on by it weren't the major ones though...they weren't getting the lawsuits along with C&D's, and started pulling back after the smaller ones who were more of buy a kit for a few specific ones and sell the rest or buy a starter for one of the factions minis and sell the others and extra books.

It also hit right as GW was pulling the trigger with the shift to Age of Sigmar where they purged a lot out of the store overnight...and it also meant that the 3 minis that I wanted (one from a bits seller) never popped up. I'd wanted the Empire Duelists set (Mainly for the two pistol wielding figure), but the one I'd wanted was the fleeing peasant from the Giant Kit. The kits recently came back, but I keep looking for someone selling just the peasant.

• Like 3
On 2/15/2021 at 12:06 AM, SotF said:

The ones actually hit head on by it weren't the major ones though...they weren't getting the lawsuits along with C&D's, and started pulling back after the smaller ones who were more of buy a kit for a few specific ones and sell the rest or buy a starter for one of the factions minis and sell the others and extra books.

It also hit right as GW was pulling the trigger with the shift to Age of Sigmar where they purged a lot out of the store overnight...and it also meant that the 3 minis that I wanted (one from a bits seller) never popped up. I'd wanted the Empire Duelists set (Mainly for the two pistol wielding figure), but the one I'd wanted was the fleeing peasant from the Giant Kit. The kits recently came back, but I keep looking for someone selling just the peasant.

Kirby damned near killed that company.

I was shocked at how fast Rountree was able to turn it around.

Still curious as to what the new version of WHFB might look like.

*EDIT* Would a fleeing Brent work -

image.png.ae6ac347cca92cac02780564e4b7140b.png

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4