Wukong, Journey to the West

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592136222/wukong-journey-to-the-west-collection-and-a-5e-adventure?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=wukong

While I don't use oriental stuff that much in my rpgs, I do like Twin Goddess sculpting style.  I'll have to think on this one.

There are still early bird slots at 25 too.

• Like 3
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well, luckily I don't have an Oriental Project going on, so this is useless to me!!!

Sigh...

I backed, Early Bird..

Yah I ended up backing. Again, I love Twin Goddess's style + who know what other sculptors/companies will show up. I absolutely love the giant shrine-mtn-statue piece. I really need to replace that belt on my Ender 6!!

• Like 1

Journey to the west, one of the 4 great works of Chinese litterature.

Sun WuKong is the Chinese name for the Monkey King, the hero of the story.

In 1927, part of it was filmatised as Pan Si Dong(Cave of the Silken Spider), a movie that was long thought lost forever, until a complete copy was found in the Norwegian National Library in Mo i Rana in 2013.  

The follow up Xu Pan Si Dong  has not been found there, though, so it must be assumed lost.

I'm in for the early bird.

The $30 pledge with a rebate coupon for a Sonic Mighty doesn't really tempt me. The mighty may be a 4K model, but it also has a 9" screen, so X/Y resolution is still52um.

My next Resin printer will have both larger volume and better resolution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I cancelled.

Took a good look at the files and I realised I can find more that suits my need for less.

I would end up with at least half of these that I wouldn't print.

So I was a bit too eager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, jadeite said:

The price seems pretty high compared to Patreon releases. Pit Fighter was already a mixed bag, but offered far more in comparison.

Yeah, there definitely isn’t the value in this one for my interest. 

• Like 1

Nickey's Hatchery has a Set for $10 on MMF.

Journey to the East.

It's different but it has Monkey fighters/Demonic Apes and such in an Asian setting.

It could be either an alternative or an addition to this.

These are the main thing, but there are some busts and buildings in there as well.

image.png.837c4214b02ed5070d4e4ca744966f7c.pngimage.png.0b5fcfad623305bfcff6c8b980e674e4.pngimage.png.04160fc35b3928060a7a04e73c42ab61.pngimage.png.a3d974bf52d44da2a76d31e3b0635da1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, haldir said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592136222/wukong-journey-to-the-west-collection-and-a-5e-adventure?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=wukong

While I don't use oriental stuff that much in my rpgs, I do like Twin Goddess sculpting style.  I'll have to think on this one.

There are still early bird slots at 25 too.

They STILL have early birds.

IF we go in it will be the $30 level, for the discount on the Sonic Mighty.

I want to like it, I really do, but instead of more monsters for stretch goals they just added a naked version of the female character.

Nice, but an adventure needs monsters more than it needs naked ninjas doing a fan dance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

well, the original story had 7 spider monsters who took the form of beautiful, young women in order to seduce and trap the heroes...    

The Mighty isn't all that much to lust after. It has about the same resolution as the Photon/Photon S or any other of tat generation. 

It just has a larger build plate than the others.

• Like 3

Yeah, definitely seeing mixed reviews on the Mighty.

EPax seems to be the best regarded in that size and generation, with a 5K upgrade, and not that big of a price increase.

The Saturn is less expensive, but impossible to get right now.

Grump described Journey to the West as an epic quest, with meaningful and deeply layered allegory.

And monkeys, because EVERYTHING'S better with monkeys. ::D:

• Like 3
9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

They STILL have early birds.

IF we go in it will be the $30 level, for the discount on the Sonic Mighty.

I want to like it, I really do, but instead of more monsters for stretch goals they just added a naked version of the female character.

Nice, but an adventure needs monsters more than it needs naked ninjas doing a fan dance.

What, you don't like fan service?

The Auld Grump

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Good thing this one still has over a week to go, personal interest is waning for it. I do like that huge terrain piece but overall I wish there was more to it.

• Like 1