What exactly is the Avatar of Sekmet ( rea 14102 )

haldir

Hey guys

just curious but what exactly is the Avatar phyically? Does it look like a animate statue, does it have metal weapons, clothes or what?

I'm in the process of painting one up & I'm gonna give it glossy polished black stone skin with dark red "cloth or painted stone" parts & gold metal for the rest, not sure on the weapon yet, might do it up metal might not.

Probably give it yellow eyes or maybe even orange, not sure on that yet.

Just curious on what other people thought this thing should look like.

later

Randy M

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A giant walking statue of stone weighing several tons and animated by the power of magic and divine will . . . they all generally appear to be humans from the neck down with the head of a beast."

- Warlord Rulebook

"A monster that pounds your opponents into the sand."

- dewen

Rulebook says it has a large base. Our packaging supervisor has advised that they did not check the datacard first, and used the smaller base inadvertently. The error has been corrected for future shipments, but a large quantity of Avatars went out with the small base.

And although it is a giant animated 46mm statue, I think it would be just fine to paint it life-like if you think divine magic would do something like that (It often does in cartoons)

mine came with the bigger base, good looking mini, nice attachement points too (the weapon to the body)

I figured a black figure with gold & red on it would look pretty neat so I'll continue with the scheme I'm working on.

thought about obsidan but not sure how I would about that so I'll just gloss up the black, ala polished black stone.

Randy M

mine came with the bigger base, good looking mini, nice attachement points too (the weapon to the body)

I figured a black figure with gold & red on it would look pretty neat so I'll continue with the scheme I'm working on.

thought about obsidan but not sure how I would about that so I'll just gloss up the black, ala polished black stone.

Randy M

Obsidian is basically Black Glass, so if you highlight/gposscoat, you might acheive an obsidian-y effect.

And yes, for you closet geologists I know Obsidian is not glass - I said Basically. :blink: