Bones 4: Pathfinder Iconics II #143

When you stare at the skull...eventually the skull talks back!   Nice job on this one. Good job on pulling out the detail on the miniature.  This one has  a lot of bits, some of them were fun but there is a lot of detail to be deliminiated.  You succeeded without making him look garish.  I like it!

Lovely job!  Especially on the subtleties in coloration on his face!  You've got the warm reds of his clothing in the shadows and the yellow-white of the skull on the highlights.  Really cool!  I've been trying to play around with skin color more myself and this is certainly inspiring.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:47 AM, Darcstaar said:

Alas poor Yorrick!

You beat me to it!  This guy always makes me think of Hamlet!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AlonTey
      Half-ogre fighter from Bones 4!  Initially thought this model was going to be a gunmetal from top to bottom but it hides a surprising amount of variety with little patches of skin, leather, wood and...in my case at least, scales hidden throughout.  SKU provided is for the metal version, doesn't look like this fellow is getting a release outside the Kickstarter?

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, today is a Pathfinder day. I did my best to paint it as faithfully as possible respecting the original artwork colors. This is the metal version 60136, Aglanda the herald of Razmir sculpted by Bobby Jackson. It's also available in Bones plastic under sku: 89040.

• By Paintfully_aware
      Hello again people, I am still working on this boxed set of Innocent bystanders.
      Here we have the maid and some little people, the bug eyed baby is about half the size of my little finger nail. So until i get a magnification solution, will stay a little bit pop eye.
      I tried my best little fella =)

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a fun and simple one for you this week!

Owlbears are one of my favorite D&D creatures.  They're just such a silly concept and I love them.  Any scenario were I could use a bear, I swap out for one of these guys instead.  However, despite owning several different owlbear models, I have avoided painting them for a long time out of fear of ruining them.  Finally decided to give one a shot.

Reaper Bones 4: Lowland Owlbear (77674)

More Photos Below

What kind of Owls should I use as inspiration next?

What mini did you put off painting for too long?
    • By Paintfully_aware
      Hi there, first post here from me. I am fairly new to the hobby, and have been painting for exactly one year now.
      I am working on the Kullhaven box set so i have characters to rescue in RPG's, the sculpts are great and the faces are full of character.
      I know my photography leaves a lot to be desired, but I am working on it. =)
      The farmer

Blacksmith

Beggar

And the Strumpet, which is just a fantastic word if nothing else.

Please feel free to share any tips or tricks, I am still very much a beginner.  But I am keen to learn.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 83 Guests (See full list)