Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kane

GURPS Game

Hello all

I have decided to try to gather a GURPS 4th edition game together. 

I have not decided on what setting and would like 'player' input. I have three that I could do. 

Fantasy

This is my own home brew world, while it is based on the GW Warhammer world and a copy of thee GURPS hammer book would be invaluable, I could supply you with most of the info you would need. 

Traveller

This is based on the old Judges Guild Sector Ley, but here again I have more less modified it to suit me. 

Fallout style

This is based on the Fallout series, but again it will be set in my own setting. 

I have been doing fantasy for years and have more or less a story to tell with it. With both the Traveller and the Fallout I do not really have a story line, which could work in our favor or not. Since I am using the Judges Guild Ley Sector as my base, the worlds outside of the Imperium are unknown. So it is more set up for an exploration style campaign. 

So is anyone interested? 

Im interested.  I could use another PBF right now.  if i have a preference it would be traveller or fantasy.  to me video game settings are usually best left as video games....

21 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Im interested.  I could use another PBF right now.  if i have a preference it would be traveller or fantasy.  to me video game settings are usually best left as video games....

I am toying with Traveller, if you will understand that things may not be the way they should be, just because I want a few different things and the fact that I am 'newish' to sci fi rpg.

Also I want to do things a bit differently on the characters. I want to more or less do them here in the open.... if there is a secret, then PMs are fine... but I would like anyone who wants to 'learn' the system see what is going on. 

Interesting.  Are you going to use a life path system or a gurps build?  I'm down for either.  I love the traveller life path and I can always use some lessons in gurps character building

9 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Interesting.  Are you going to use a life path system or a gurps build?  I'm down for either.  I love the traveller life path and I can always use some lessons in gurps character building

While I really like the original Travellers life path build, I am am more familiar with the GURPS buiild. so we will go with that route. Give me a bit and I will post a list of the templates. 

Here is a list of the templates. The only thing I want you to do is to pick one or two that you are interested in. If you want a description please feel free to ask. After you have settled on the one you want, we will proceed from there. I will be away from my computer the rest of today and tomorrow, but will be back on Friday. I will still be able to keep tabs on this. 

Traveller Templates

Academician         85 points
Athlete         100 points
Attorney         74 points
Belter             95 points
Bureaucrat         65 points
Capitalist         80 points
Colonist         40 points
Dilettante         70 points
Diplomat         90 points
Doctor             95 points
Entertainer         90 points