Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Someone say painting weekend?
Got another one in, but sadly it's not one of the Reapers. I purchased a cool, little Hobbit a few weeks back and the printer sent me this one that was a bad mold, but I ended up making something out of it. What looks wrong with it you ask? Well, for one, the details got a little sloppy. The barrel he's on got halved in printing, his face looks like he's a stroke survivor - his left side of his face is sloped big time. I tried correcting it in the painting, but it's pretty noticiable. There's some big gaps between the hobbit and the barrel. Oh well - it made for a good color study.
I stuck to Orange Brown, Chocolate Brown, Light Sand, Yellow, GW Nuln Oil, GW Agrax Earthshade, Stone Grey, Fair Skin, Fair Shadow, Flat Brown. If it's not clear already - the goal was browns.
* I think the shirt in that orange/cream cuffs came out pretty decent. Went over it with a wash and brought more depth to the lines with brown diluted. Win.
* Face was a mess, but considering how sloped it was, I think it wasn't too bad.
* Mug foam isn't terrible. Isn't great, but first time doing foam.
* Barrel colors look dark and separated from the other tones.
* Eyes on this one were such a pain! Big miss.
* Lips look like he's about dead with how much he's drunk. I couldn't go in to give them a more natural color after a few tries I just gave in because the paint was layering up and was going to distort the look further.
* Mug wasn't my favorite. I got into it a bit, but lost the momentum to finish the rings around the mug. It also hit me after I was cleaning up that this was a tankard with a top with foam flowing out, not just a foam overflow. May need to go back to fix that. Boo.
* Hair was better than I have done on some of the others. I made it with a 3 color setup, but it still looks...washed out. At least it has depth and better than before, but still hate doing hair.
Without further excuses - here's Pippin sippin' and slippin with his foamy mug drippin.
Always good for feedback if you've got any to give.
I need some help people. I've got a hobbit down to the last 25% to get the painting done.
I need to try my hand at nmm and this is the one. Sting is a magnificent sword that glows blue when goblins are near. I need some guidance on how to make this happen.
Give me some inspiration, folks.
For my Children of the Night Project I'm building a Gothic style Undead army with some Demon allies.
Here is the Necropolis Command Group I will use as a Command for a regiment later.
Who's Online 15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)