Better late than never.

Here's some fun Pumpkin Horrors I painted up for @Inarah for Secret Sophie this past December.  I was still riding on my Halloween spirit when Secret Sophie began, but wanted to do something that fit the winter theme.  Inspired by the snowman-like design of the Pumpkin horrors and my own past mistakes of leaving pumpkins outside to rot all winter, I decided to do a holiday mashup with these guys left out in the cold too long.

With some time having passed, I wish I would have made them look a bit rotten and frost-bitten, but I also like the more colorful result.

140048945_170120731146602_7274627007022890108_n.thumb.jpg.67d64d5d555118afc25bd9a7399e1ecb.jpg

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Spoiler

139965334_715464522676294_6470539588924807747_n.thumb.jpg.88d648be0657ab800e534eae2ca825ce.jpg

139907686_3000208920210324_8546301052952151259_n.thumb.jpg.c8bda4cee69555e78f558b1063125f07.jpg

The first Horror is pretty simple.  Though I do find it odd that he's wearing an extra pumpkin atop his head.  He did have the best design for the snow accumulation on his back though.

140044950_823905658155041_4743257106243192429_n.thumb.jpg.9f7ec1a5db83d9e0e61b31bf544a70e6.jpg

140747643_111826117495526_4165625617648248630_n.thumb.jpg.476a6a4248e64840e18922f585e09c8b.jpg

The witchy horror gave me some trouble in finding a suitable color for her hat.  But otherwise fairly simple.

141286012_118033496856417_8042313172466615275_n.thumb.jpg.7cd2df2322f5ee59986d42036298928d.jpg

140037843_229791191964079_1720341755683664741_n.thumb.jpg.d8c70a58cc27bbd98965aeb467fcf3d2.jpg

And finally the fancy horror.  A bit of flashing was hanging off of his hat brim that just seemed perfect as an icicle.

I noticed while working on them how they could easily represent pumpkin versions of Lock, Shock, and Barrel from the Nightmare Before Christmas.  If I were to do them again I might lean into that.

These were some fun minis and my first time working with metal.  I have now broken the seal and have started looking into other minis that I previously considered off-limits.  I also enjoyed participating in Secret Sophie and joining in to some of the forum shenanigans.  I highly recommend participating in these kinds of things for any who have been reticent.

What are some of your favorite holiday minis?

• Like 19
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

Love it and it is great that you had the foresight to get these done 8 months early.  Well done. 

They were done in November and sent in December.  I just didn't get around to editing photos for awhile.  Thought about waiting until it was seasonal again but didn't feel like waiting! XD

• Like 4

They are wonderful, thank you. I really love the "frost on the pumpkin" vibe they have going on.  They have a place of honor in my display cabinet, and I am looking forward to putting them on the table in some future weird Halloween game. 

Reaper has some leprechauns that are fun. I don't see them painted too often. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Inarah said:

They are wonderful, thank you. I really love the "frost on the pumpkin" vibe they have going on.  They have a place of honor in my display cabinet, and I am looking forward to putting them on the table in some future weird Halloween game. 

Reaper has some leprechauns that are fun. I don't see them painted too often. 

I'm glad you liked them!  If you ever find a gaming use for them I'd love to hear about it!

I'll have to check out those leprechauns!

22 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

Thanks as always!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Inarah said:

...I really love the "frost on the pumpkin" vibe they have going on.  They have a place of honor in my display cabinet, and I am looking forward to putting them on the table in some future weird Halloween game.  

That was what set them apart for me...the frost that is. It is a WONDERFUL imaginative touch to a trio of SPLENDIDLY painted Horrors. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1