So without posting links, what are some of your favorite supplies?

For example, what FEP or non-FEP sheets do you use?

What resin do you prefer? Do you have different resins for different projects? Low smell resins?

What spatula style device do you use to pop your prints off the plate or do you use a razor? 

I use a plastic spatula.

Still use Elegoo Grey Resin ( low smell)

FEP still original Elegoo, got a few generic for Christmas, will use those when I run out of Elegoo FEP.

Got two spare LCD screens, originals.

Started with IPA to clean but switched to Methylated Alcohol.

I use paper funnels for pouring resin back into the bottle, got a big box from a Carshop, way cheaper than the so called special funnels.

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I use a plastic spatula.

Still use Elegoo Grey Resin ( low smell)

FEP still original Elegoo, got a few generic for Christmas, will use those when I run out of Elegoo FEP.

Got two spare LCD screens, originals.

Started with IPA to clean but switched to Methylated Alcohol.

I use paper funnels for pouring resin back into the bottle, got a big box from a Carshop, way cheaper than the so called special funnels.

I heard you could use coffee filters in a regular funnel, have you done that?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

No, those are flimsy.

I got a pack of funnels used for car paint, it was really cheap and it works well.

8 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Harbor Freight has em + you can use the 20% off coupon as well. Cheap.

• Like 1

As far as what I use:

resin printer: Anycubic Photon S

FEP sheets: from a company called flexvat. The sheets are pre-drilled & I get 3 in count.

Resins: Elegoo grey & currently Shine Sing. I'm always on the lookout for resins, since Shine Sing is hard to find right now, I've got ReRapper brand in my Amazon cart. Shine Sing, has absolutely no odor & is a great resin to work with (plus at the time is only like 25 bucks for a 1000g bottle, it's go up since & again is out of stock allot).

Other:

plastic razor blades & holder. I use these only to pop the print off the plate - super easy

mini plastic squeegees. I use these to swipe my Vat when cleaning.

syringes: These are great for sloshing in Denatured Alcohol when hollowing a print.

(I need to make a LED light to stick inside to cure the pieces)

Blue shop towels. Allot thicker & hold up to the use vs regular paper towels

Since IPA is hard to find anymore (we need 91% or higher vs the 70% you commonly see) I went with Denatured Alcohol. I do use IPA for cleaning items when changing FEP sheets & such, but DA is in the Wash N Cure.

Harbor Freight brand paint filters for whenever I need to strain paint.

I do have goggles & a mask but again Shine Sing has no odor or fumes even after opening the door to the printer.

Wash N Cure by Anycubic. This is a optional item, but damn is it so convenient & I have no idea how I worked before getting it. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, haldir said:

syringes: These are great for sloshing in Denatured Alcohol when hollowing a print.

(I need to make a LED light to stick inside to cure the pieces)

Okay, that's a great idea. I'd never considered it before. Mind you I dont hollow a lot but great idea. THumbs up. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

Okay, that's a great idea. I'd never considered it before. Mind you I dont hollow a lot but great idea. THumbs up. 

Yah the LED idea one I got from Print Farm on youtube. Pretty much a wired LED onto a 9 volt battery. Stick the light into the hollowed hole & is suppose to cure the inside. Simple to make but I'm not adept at electronic things, so for me it'll be a challenge.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah the LED idea one I got from Print Farm on youtube. Pretty much a wired LED onto a 9 volt battery. Stick the light into the hollowed hole & is suppose to cure the inside. Simple to make but I'm not adept at electronic things, so for me it'll be a challenge.

There are a few UV pen lights on the river site, but most are 395nm (and the resin's I see are all 405nm), will they still cure the inside? maybe just take longer? May be a good solution:)

• Like 1

Coffee filters are good for filtering IPA or denatured alcohol after you've washed off a couple of minis. 

(You really want a funnel with some sort of ridges on the inside, tough, to use the entire surface of the filter. The filter holder from a broken coffee maker is probably a good start... )

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

Coffee filters are good for filtering IPA or denatured alcohol after you've washed off a couple of minis. 

(You really want a funnel with some sort of ridges on the inside, tough, to use the entire surface of the filter. The filter holder from a broken coffee maker is probably a good start... )

Pfft, we don't even use a coffee maker anymore since we have a keurig, so I have a few hundred sitting around doing nothing. Heck I may even double them up and see how they do for resin. 

• Like 1
Just now, Ratmaster2000 said:

Pfft, we don't even use a coffee maker anymore since we have a keurig, so I have a few hundred sitting around doing nothing. Heck I may even double them up and see how they do for resin. 

Forget it. Resin is too thick for a paper filter. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Gadgetman! said:

Forget it. Resin is too thick for a paper filter. 

I'll have to see what the filter's look like (I haven't opened my mars 2 pro yet haha), and get more I guess:) Have to check out car paint filters like @haldir and @Glitterwolf suggested:)

@haldir so Do I get the 110 to 120 Mesh Paint Strainers or the 60 to 70 from harbor freight? I would assume the heavier:)

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I'll have to see what the filter's look like (I haven't opened my mars 2 pro yet haha), and get more I guess:) Have to check out car paint filters like @haldir and @Glitterwolf suggested:)

@haldir so Do I get the 110 to 120 Mesh Paint Strainers or the 60 to 70 from harbor freight? I would assume the heavier:)

I have the 110 to 120 ones & it works just fine. I snagged some 2 size plastic funnels (usually use whatever, but I tend to grab the little one more) & just let it filter & flow into that.

For me, I'll just pour some IPA into the funnel with my finger over the hole & give it a good swish. Afterwards I'll take a paper towel & run it through the hole to do clean up.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, haldir said:

I have the 110 to 120 ones & it works just fine. I snagged some 2 size plastic funnels (usually use whatever, but I tend to grab the little one more) & just let it filter & flow into that.

For me, I'll just pour some IPA into the funnel with my finger over the hole & give it a good swish. Afterwards I'll take a paper towel & run it through the hole to do clean up.

Filtering IPA with a coffee filter is ok.

Filtering Resin is not.

It will go right through.

I bought a box of 250 Paint filters meant for car paint, they have  nice sturdy funnel part and the whole box was like €7,50.

Will last me for years to come.

I also have a plastic funnel so when pouring used resin back into a bottle ( after cleaning VAT for instance) I put the plastic one in the bottle then pour he resin through the paint funnel and no hassle at all.

• Like 1