• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grumpy Cave Bear
      A very fun model to paint.  It’s full of expression and has a dynamic pose.  Highly recommended!

• By Samedi
      And another RVE leftover finished!

I painted the crystals during RVE during Erin Hartwell's crystal painting class and then decided to use them as a background for the little warlord skeleton I had lying around on my shelf. While I'm happy with the overall composition of this piece a few things went wrong:

The varnish on the crystals stayed tacky. While this is probably a user error on my part I'm not really happy with the overall performance of the translucent bones material (even when painting it) and I'll avoid it in the future (Bones USA looks very promising, though, and might actually be an alternative to pewter for me) I wanted to add interest to this little scene with some eerie water effects. I tried greenstuffworld's lime green water effect. To make it pop a bit more, I base coated the "deepest" part of the water with a mixture of white and MSP green goo. Turns out I greatly misjudged the opacity of the water effects and now I'm left with chalky spots beneath a somewhat unimpressive slime. Oh well, you live to learn!   
      All in all I learned a lot painting this up, but now it will go to the back of my vitrine. I do like the skeleton, though. 😇
      C&c very welcome, as always!

• By Samedi
      Another leftover from RVE eventually finished! 

The cloak was painted during Kevin Holderny's Galaxy Painting Class, now I finally managed to finish the rest.
      Not too happy with the blending on the white fabric, also I've painted better eyes before. In general, however, I like how the mini came out.
      For the orb on his stave I tried to paint a white opal. The finished product looks more like pearl to me but that's also ok. It's white-ish, shiny and mysterious, so I didn't completely miss the mark.

Enjoy, c&c very welcome!

• By kazmania7
      and than Reaper came out with a new bones usa bugbear so just had to try and paint him along with a raiding party for them.

• By Froggy the Great
      Five Parsecs From Home crewmember Lysette Franks, who has already blown up your tanks:

Bones USA, modified.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)