I've seen some mention wash and clean stations.

Can you talk about the specific ones you're using? The pros and if any cons? Like how much space does each take up?

Is there a different one you would've bought given the spat of recent changes/udpates? 

Is there something specific to look for when buying such a device? 

• Like 1

I've got the Anycubic one (vers 1). I got mine as they were starting to clearance them out price-wise. Originally it was 190. I got mine for like 140 or 120. I think they even dropped it lower then that as Vers 2 came out a bit afterwards. I do know they drop it lower then what I got it for but by the time they did that, mine was already here & working.

Mine has 2 modes (Wash & Cure - duh!) but then you also have 2-4-6 min time limits for each of those. I think vers 2 you can go as long or up to a higher value but I find that 4 & 6 mins is fine for me. The size of the machine is probably the same size the Anycubic mono or prob the Elegoo Mars. It has a base with a lift off UV cover. Photon S is lift the door machine vs the entire top coming off, so I'm not exactly sure of the size. It doesn't take up anymore room then the resin printer does.

If I ever use water washable resin, I'll have to get a 2nd washbin for just water.

Tbh, I don't mind having the older version of this machine, it does what it suppose to & has made post clean-up easy & mess free.

• Like 3

I LOVE my Anycubic Wash and Cure.  I have the first version.  I have heard that the new one is even better, with better controls and stronger cure LEDs.  It is one of those devices that you will wonder how you got along without it.

Takes up a square foot of space.  It is about 16 inches tall, but you need space above it to lift off the cover.

Only con is that it defaults to cure, so you need to remember to switch to wash or you will cure your wash liquid.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I LOVE my Anycubic Wash and Cure.  I have the first version.  I have heard that the new one is even better, with better controls and stronger cure LEDs.  It is one of those devices that you will wonder how you got along without it.

Takes up a square foot of space.  It is about 16 inches tall, but you need space above it to lift off the cover.

Only con is that it defaults to cure, so you need to remember to switch to wash or you will cure your wash liquid.

Sooooo much truth in this statement. I didn't mind post clean up but now it more or less:

1. reach into the printer, pull plate off. *

2. slide a bracket onto the build plate & screw it down.

3. Place in washtub, put lid on, push a couple buttons. Wait for it to cycle through, then pull plate out, wipe plate off & remove print.

4. Remove supports,

5. remove washbin & place spinner. Push button to cure, set time, place object Close lid & let it cure.

6. Remove lid.

Done! Go back to printing something else.

* note there is a basket that you can place prints in but I've yet to use it as the build plate is perfect + added benefit you clean your build plate after each print!!

Note: Yah while it funny now, once I forgot to switch it from wash to cure, so my print went ah spinnin!!! :lol:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, haldir said:

Sooooo much truth in this statement. I didn't mind post clean up but now it more or less:

1. reach into the printer, pull plate off. *

2. slide a bracket onto the build plate & screw it down.

3. Place in washtub, put lid on, push a couple buttons. Wait for it to cycle through, then pull plate out, wipe plate off & remove print.

4. Remove supports,

5. remove washbin & place spinner. Push button to cure, set time, place object Close lid & let it cure.

6. Remove lid.

Done! Go back to printing something else.

* note there is a basket that you can place prints in but I've yet to use it as the build plate is perfect + added benefit you clean your build plate after each print!!

Note: Yah while it funny now, once I forgot to switch it from wash to cure, so my print went ah spinnin!!! :lol:

And you don't need to wear gloves nearly as often once you get one.  I think I have paid for half of mine in nitrile glove savings alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not set it up yet, but Elegoo's mercury was and cure pretty much works the same way as the anycubic. It allows you to hang your build plate (elegoo mars and mars pro, and MAYBE mars 2 pro), so you don't even have to take your prints off to wash (there's a basket if you do want to take them off or own a saturn or other 3D printer where build plate will not work). Has a safety feature where you cannot wash or cure with cover off. Should really cut down clean and cure times. Was like 119 or so from the NOT river site:)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

And you don't need to wear gloves nearly as often once you get one.  I think I have paid for half of mine in nitrile glove savings alone.

Anther truthful statement. I think about the only time I'll change out gloves now is if I replace FEP or if I get allot of liquid (resin or Den Alch) on them.

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I have not set it up yet, but Elegoo's mercury was and cure pretty much works the same way as the anycubic. It allows you to hang your build plate (elegoo mars and mars pro, and MAYBE mars 2 pro), so you don't even have to take your prints off to wash (there's a basket if you do want to take them off or own a saturn or other 3D printer where build plate will not work). Has a safety feature where you cannot wash or cure with cover off. Should really cut down clean and cure times. Was like 119 or so from the NOT river site:)

Yah Anycubic has that safety feature as well (won't go without cover). One of those luxury items that once you get it, you'd wish you'd got it sooner!!

• Like 2

I have the Anycubic 2.0. Absolutely love it! The magnetic spinning in the washer container makes short work of washing. Only problem I have with it is that if I have REALLY small pieces to wash, I have to wash them by hand, as the basket to put into the wash area the gaps are really big, which means I have to go fishing for the really small pieces... The curing part is great though!

• Like 2

I'm thinking of adding in Bare Metal Foil (thin foil used in scale modeling, mainly for Chrome effects) to the bottom of Vers 1 Anycubic. All I'd need to do is measure the indentation & then cut & stick. Thou, I haven't had any problems of piece not curing completely. Just something to think about.

15 hours ago, bojesphob said:

I have the Anycubic 2.0. Absolutely love it! The magnetic spinning in the washer container makes short work of washing. Only problem I have with it is that if I have REALLY small pieces to wash, I have to wash them by hand, as the basket to put into the wash area the gaps are really big, which means I have to go fishing for the really small pieces... The curing part is great though!

Use one of these:

Universal Cleaning Basket, Fine Mesh | CLN-650.10

Description in Amazon: Universal Cleaning Basket, Fine Mesh | CLN-650.10

It fits the basket fine, but you need to bend the clips up or remove them.

I have one for cleaning tiny jewelry parts in the ultra-sonic cleaner (I don't really use it in my Wash and Cure because I always wash the whole plate and remove the minis after washing).

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Use one of these:

Universal Cleaning Basket, Fine Mesh | CLN-650.10

Description in Amazon: Universal Cleaning Basket, Fine Mesh | CLN-650.10

It fits the basket fine, but you need to bend the clips up or remove them.

I have one for cleaning tiny jewelry parts in the ultra-sonic cleaner (I don't really use it in my Wash and Cure because I always wash the whole plate and remove the minis after washing).

Nice! Hadn't even gotten around to thinking about whether there was something out there that would help with that! I'll have to check into that :) Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We bought the Elegoo Mercury - Megan had a big pile of minis to cure in the sun... if there had been any sun... for three days.

It arrived, an hour later and the pile was nicely cured. (And, of course, we had sun.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

You want to remove the supports after the wash, but before the cure. That way the supports are softish and not brittle, making for a much easier and less messy removal with less divots or other marks on the mini.

• Like 3