Reaper Challenge League- Co-op Edition! (very pic heavy!)

These are great.  Was there a requirement for Rocky and Carrion Worm to share similar palettes?

Ursula was a fantastic idea, and well executed.  The mottled pattern on the Worm is very eye-catching.

But the star here is Rocky.  So vibrant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

These are great.  Was there a requirement for Rocky and Carrion Worm to share similar palettes?

Ursula was a fantastic idea, and well executed.  The mottled pattern on the Worm is very eye-catching.

Thank you!

We agreed beforehand what colours we were going to use. If I recall correctly the worms were going to be purple/green, blue/orange and yellow/blue/purple and it was Green vs Red for Rocky. I really love this system because it really showcases how different the mini can look with a different colour palette.

9 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

But the star here is Rocky.  So vibrant.

Thanks again! I spent way more time on him than I intended to, so I'm glad he turned out as good as he did. I spent 2 hours doing the eyes, I was so happy when i finished them ::D:

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Pochi said:

They look fantastic! Love Ursula, so clever! I really like how you painted Rocky. And the worm is great! I will get him posted with the other two. Nice work!

Thank you! I really do love seeing how different people paint the same mini. Again, thanks for being our tech photo-stitching person, without you, @ManvsMiniand @Humansquish I'd be lost trying to do combinations posts on Discord!

Thank you @Glitterwolf! It always makes my day when I'm worthy of one of your coveted "Excellent"s :bday::bday::bday:

• Like 4

The entire color scheme for all of those is fantastic. You're a great painter, I'm going to be bold and predict that one day you'll be teaching your own class at a ReaperCon. :winkthumbs: I will gladly stitch photo collages together for you any day.

I really love how Ursula turned out. I love her robes, did you go from pure black up to purple?

10 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Thank you @Glitterwolf! It always makes my day when I'm worthy of one of your coveted "Excellent"s :bday::bday::bday:

Earning one of those has become my new aspiration in life. I want it earned and deserved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

The entire color scheme for all of those is fantastic. You're a great painter, I'm going to be bold and predict that one day you'll be teaching your own class at a ReaperCon. :winkthumbs: I will gladly stitch photo collages together for you any day.

I really love how Ursula turned out. I love her robes, did you go from pure black up to purple?

Earning one of those has become my new aspiration in life. I want it earned and deserved!

I'm usually very positive and will always comment in a friendly way.

But an Excellent is always given to those who I believe deserve it!

Some people got a lot of them others maybe a single one, but it always means that I really think it IS excellent.

Mind you, a lot of people got one who paint way better than me...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Some people got a lot of them others maybe a single one, but it always means that I really think it IS excellent.

I expect no less, sir. I want no pity-excellents, I need to rise to level of those who get them, not bring the standard down!

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Thank you! To be honest, I'd probably be a gibbering wreck at Reapercon meeting all these famous( to our community) people :lol: but I'd love to enter something in the painting competition just to see how I did. 

Housemate did suggest that I should stream stuff, but we looked into the prices of the equipment and let's just say that it was just a little bit out of my budget! It wouldn't be that informative anyway, what with seemingly half my time being taken up by cat related shenanigans. I honestly think that they take it in shifts to 'help' me because there's always one either sitting in on my desk watching films on my tablet* or knocking things over so I'll leave my seat and go investigate what their doing :rolleyes: Wouldn't be without them though, even if Kurogane actually bit a mini whilst I was trying to get photos of it today.

49 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

That's exactly how I did it, Pure Black up in to Rich Indigo.  I used wet blending- it makes dramatic contrasts so much easier! Here's a video that explains it really well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVm374idP60&t=191s

50 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Paint a wolf, it gives you a +5 to your chances.......

*their favourite things this week include Terminator, Bob Ross, Mr and Mrs Smith and anything with Lawrence Fishburne in it ^_^

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

"…Terminator, Bob Ross…"

Dark Glasses, Motorcycle Jacket, Big Hair, Large Fire Arm, Tagline: (In Arnold's deadpan accent…) " There are no mistakes; only Happy Accidents…"

• Haha 3
On 2/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Thoramel said:

Great looking stuff here. I especially like that Carrion Worm, so gross!

Thank you! I was originally wanting the goo to be clearer, but I was using two different water effects and I think they reacted with each other a little bit. 

@Humansquish, he looks awesome!

• Like 1