2021-02-28_DuncanLouca_Fleshwalker.jpg

This is a miniature I've printed and painted before, Duncan Louca's Fleshwalker.

Last time, I printed it at 50% of its designed size; this time I've done it full-size — it's very big — and I've gone for a blueish colour scheme rather than the browns I used last time. I've mounted it on three big 50mm steel washers, not because it needed to be based for stability, but rather to give it a bit of weight and to shift its centre of gravity right down.

The blue skin is only modestly successful, and all the boils and sores have ended up looking more like internal molten magma or something rather than pus-filled lesions. Never mind.

As always, Sergeant Measureby is present for scale, with his Spear of 5mm Increments.

• Like 20

What an enormous horrible hulk! Love the crusty fingernails. I really like the boils as is! If you want them more like inflamed blue skin, pinks and purples with pale green pus might look less magma-like. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Design by Heroes Infinite
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Senliah the Seductress part of my Shifting Sands Project
      WIP/PROJECT HERE:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/20/#comments

The Sultan leaned back in his cushions, the room was almost dark, suddenly the fires lit up and the music started.
      Senliah stepped forth from the shadows and started her dance.
      He was enthralled, her moves, those curves, and the thrill of the danger while she danced with that large venomous serpent!
      Such a show!

Aaaahhh his friends would be delighted to see her at the banquet he would host next week.
      Senliah had agreed to perform for him alone tonight to give him a taste of what they could expect.
      The Sultan couldn't keep his eyes from her, such grace such beauty and yet a hint of danger.

Of course there were those who couldn't cope with her being so populair.
      Some even talked behind her back, spreading rumours that she danced in the forbidden Temple of Apophis!
      Rubbish! The Sultan thought, if anyone was caught spreading such gossip he would have that person beheaded, how dared they speak of such an innocent girl like that!

• By Glitterwolf
      Design by CastNPlay
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars
      Base is from MicroArtstudio.

Part of my Lost World Project.
      WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/page/169/#comments

David Attenborough's Voice Over:

Nature can be cruel and especially so in the Jungle and Swamps of the Lost World.
      Huge predators roam this place so a smaller creature needs to be smart to survive.
      Here we can see the Common Swamp Crocodile, the poor creature would stand no chance when a T-Rex or a Spinosaurus would spot it.
      So it adapted to it's environment.

It's behaviour reminds me a bit of that of the Hermit Crab, in a similar fashion this little crocodile finds himself a piece of rotten wood, preferably a treetrunk and sticks it's head in it.
      Then it rolls around in the fertile soil so mushrooms, grass and flowers will grow on it's hide.
      This way it will be invisible to the larger predators.

Unfortunately, as we can see here, that tactic proves futile against the Amazone Warrior who is in dire need of a new purse.

• By Rahz
      After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again.  Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago. 

Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash.  It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed.  Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green.  Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste. 

Thanks for looking. 
    • By Glitterwolf
      3D printable buildings etc.
      First and Second World War Period

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1166861615/architecture-of-the-first-world-war?ref=section-homepage-view-more-recommendations-p2

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)