Dungeon Alchemist - Map Creating Software

21a3be6ef469f9daaeb3965e6d8ce350_origina

Dungeon Alchemist

https://youtu.be/AYDJ1Qy_nfg

What is Dungeon Alchemist?

Dungeon Alchemist is an AI-powered mapmaking tool for both players and dungeon masters. Simply pick a theme, start drawing, and Dungeon Alchemist creates high-quality maps you can print, share, or use in your favourite Virtual Tabletop Application.

b657f54fcc2c31f43168e0f44f9c244d_origina

11 days to go, and I honestly don't know what to make of this one - the user draws out a rectangular room or space and the AI plops down the walls, furniture, and lighting.

For RPGs, I would find it completely useless - but for games like HeroQuest or Warhammer Quest I can see it being incredibly useful, especially with younger players.

That said, the maps are very pretty - just not something that I would find useful.

But enough people disagree with me that it has already gathered over a million dollars.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

> For RPGs, I would find it completely useless

Interesting -- I thought the market for this software were RPG's! How do you find it not useful? 

Myself, I'm not into digital stuff and don't have a regular RPG group, so Loke Battlemaps is fine with me.

EDIT: First Created project. I'll see how it goes and wait for 2.0.

EDIT EDIT: Where's the demo software? PrintLock's Terrain Tinker beta software is available during its KS.

EDIT EDIT EDTI (: Search on the creator's names, and you'll find their industry background, including previously released games and software.

Edited by ced1106
3 hours ago, ced1106 said:

> For RPGs, I would find it completely useless

Interesting -- I thought the market for this software were RPG's! How do you find it not useful? 

Myself, I'm not into digital stuff and don't have a regular RPG group, so Loke Battlemaps is fine with me.

EDIT: First Created project. I'll see how it goes and wait for 2.0.

EDIT EDIT: Where's the demo software? PrintLock's Terrain Tinker beta software is available during its KS.

EDIT EDIT EDTI (: Search on the creator's names, and you'll find their industry background, including previously released games and software.

I am not one for having software randomly place terrain for me - for me Campaign Cartographer is more useful - but Megan seems to really like the random mappy bits from this, so.....

To me the maps just look a little too video gamey. Pretty, but my disbelief suspenders would be under considerable tension. (Why is there a waterwheel rotating a turntable with a grand piano? WHY? ::o: )

On the other hand, it looks like fun, and Megan is interested, so in for the basic level. ::P:

The Auld Grump

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I am not one for having software randomly place terrain for me - for me Campaign Cartographer is more useful - but Megan seems to really like the random mappy bits from this, so.....

To me the maps just look a little too video gamey. Pretty, but my disbelief suspenders would be under considerable tension. (Why is there a waterwheel rotating a turntable with a grand piano? WHY? ::o: )

On the other hand, it looks like fun, and Megan is interested, so in for the basic level. ::P:

The Auld Grump

We have young dungeon monster, and you wonder why I think this is awesome?! :lol:

It doesn't HAVE to make sense! BD will see a piano on a turntable, and it will be COOL!

Think BIG! Think WEEBLE SIZED! ::D:

• Haha 1