Getting to Know You, March 2021

7 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Friday, March 5: It's Reaper Virtual Expo! Are you planning on attending? What are your expectations?

I'll be there as a volunteer in Discord all weekend, trying to help things run smoothly. If you see me on in the evenings and I don't reply to a message, it's probably because I'm scrambling to find an answer to someone's question.

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I had wanted to attend, but I have too much non hobby stuff claiming my attention.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe hearing that some, if not all, of the classes will be put on Youtube eventually. So there's always that for those who can't attend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it was 6 years ago (wow, time flies) but definitely this:   https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61240-spring-2015-exchange-rhapsody-in-blue/&tab=comments#comment-1119575

Well. Figured I'd share this on here, seeing this is pretty much where my time goes to right now :)  My son Nero was born on 9-2-2021 and is today exactly a month old :) On the pic he was about 2

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Op Shoo Op? tops my list.

Posted Images

Friday, March 5: It's Reaper Virtual Expo! Are you planning on attending? What are your expectations?

Weekend Quest: Tell us about any fun con classes or experiences you had! Life outside of the expo works for this quest too. :)

Honestly, while I've seen mention of it, I hadn't even looked to see when it was, let alone what is happening.

With the amount of time I spend in front of a screen for work, I struggle to get enthusiastic to spend yet more hours sitting here for anything.

And with the FLGS (hopefully) being allowed to host in store games starting next week, all my hobby time should be put towards getting some units ready for that.

So no, I'm not planning to attend.

I do hope to catch some of the content Atomic Mass Games will be doing over their "AMG Mini-stravaganza" in two weeks because: a) I'm "a little" focused on Star Wars Legion these days and b) they have mentioned that their will be a lot of spoilers for their upcoming stuff .

As far as con classes and the like, I haven't attended a con since Gencon 99, back in my CCG days.  There were no classes or anything, but I played in a few tournaments and even played minis in a Clan War event.  I didn't do great in any of them ::):.

• Like 8

Weekend Quest: Tell us about any fun con classes or experiences you had! Life outside of the expo works for this quest too. :)

Signed up and (almost) ready to go. Should probably use this early morning time to finish what I need to.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I finish work around lunch time Eastern Time, so I'll be able to attend most of it.

Now that I'm more familiar with Discord and online classes, I expect to enjoy it as it should be.

I'll try to squeeze in some painting time as I zip from one class to another, or keep having my attention grabbed by the talk panels or live games.

• Like 9

I'm going to try and attend some classes. And you may catch me dorking around in Twitch or Discord a little bit over the weekend. But, I'm halfway through tearing apart my hobby area, and I need to get some prep work done for the garden, and it's really nice outside this weekend and I haven't been hiking in a bit. So there's always a chance I'll just ignore it all and do something else. But most of the stuff I signed up for is in the evenings, so there's at least a fair chance I'll check them out. 

• Like 9

I am.  I plan on watching some classes (not sure about painting along as my computer and paint desk are on opposite sides of the house) and maybe get in a game or two.

I've already started browsing some of the vendors.

• Like 8

A Virtual Expo like Reaper Radio is right up there with things that deaf guys don't do.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
On 3/4/2021 at 11:04 PM, Morihalda said:

I know. Yay RVE!

Yes.

That Zoom will glitch. :mellow:

Who here knows how to test Zoom?

Weekend Quest: Tell us about…

Check back later…

First Weekend Update

Edited by TGP
Click for update
  • Like 8
11 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Uhhh, no.

I completely forgot about it, and really won't have time to. Ah well. 

• Like 8
16 hours ago, Morihalda said:

There's a couple that look interesting but I have a ton of stuff to do today and this weekend. So I'll look in from time to time.  Today I see 3 in the same time slot, so that is going to be tricky.  I haven't got time to hang out in channels and do whatever.  It's not like a real con where just being there is an experience.  

• Like 10
18 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I assume I've missed a good chunk of Friday now because of work and such and I will be busy this weekend, so no.  My understanding was the classes were being recorded in which case I'll watch some stuff after the fact.

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I just got home from work a little while ago, so I've already missed a bit. I may check it out over the weekend, I haven't decided yet.

• Like 7

As I had an extremely long night, last night at work, I've missed most of the today's events. I'm not a fan of Discord, so I doubt I'll join in on chats & such. I am signed up for 1 class & that is on Sunday.

I was hoping pieces of the swag boxes would have been up for sale (mainly paint) but so far I don't see anything. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Like 8

Yes! Unfortunately I missed my class tonight because we had to work late. Hopefully mocha skin tones ends up in the archives. I also signed up for airbrushing 101 and the RoSD panel with Joe that I'm super excited for. We got a teaser for Stargrave when Osprey Publishing sent out review copies, but nothing has been said about the other games recently.

• Like 7