Getting to Know You, March 2021

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

Wednesday, March 10: It’s National Mario Day! That’s right, Mario (Mar10) has his own day. When's the last time you played a game with Mario in it, if at all?

That is a few years ago on the WII with one of the Vixens.

Nowadays I mainly play strategy, RPG and Citybuilders.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Tuesday, March 9: What's worse, peanut butter in the jelly jar or jelly in the PB jar?

(Froggy)

What kind of insane maniac doesn't either use two knives or rinse in between? 

I do jam first, rinse it off, then do peanut butter. 

Or I'll pull a @Glitterwolf and just have Nutella... (no idea if the sparkly one uses Nutella...) 

Or to go with cross contamination... Peanut butter in my banana.  Because the banana is going into the peanut butter that's on the bread.  Peanut butter banana sammiches are delicious! 

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Wednesday, March 10: It’s National Mario Day! That’s right, Mario (Mar10) has his own day. When's the last time you played a game with Mario in it, if at all?

Several months ago.  Suspiciously, that's the last time I fired up the Switch too, for that Mario Rabids game.  Or Rabits, or... However it's spelt. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Morihalda said:

A few years ago.

I was briefly obsessed with one of the Mario Kart games, but, even for a fairly lousy video game player like myself, they're very easy if you don't have a real person to play against.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Morihalda said:

A couple of years ago.  Super Mario Odyssey.  About the same time his namesake passed away.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas.

(In other words, a  long time ago/I don't remember.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1985-ish, Donkey Kong at the local bowling alley (our town's only Arcade).  He was known as Jumpman then, having yet to be named.

10 Donkey Kong Clones From The Early 1980s - Warped Factor - Words in the  Key of Geek.

I've never played one of the spin-offs.

• Like 9

I never have. I just never got into video games other than watching my sons play them.

• Like 9

Uh, probably on someone else's console in college. He was playable in Super Smash Bros, right? Would have been roughly 15 years ago. If he wasn't in SSB, then it was even longer ago, probably a Mario Cart game.

We were a Sega family, not Nintendo.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Quite a few years when I think of it.

Despite the amount of games featuring him, I haven't touched a game console (or emulator) in ages. And I'm old enough to have played him in the original Donkey Kong arcade game in the early 80s.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

If we're talking video games, I was originally thinking it was back when we had the original Donkey Kong on an Atari 2600 back in 80-something.....but reading the other answers I remembered the kids had a Mario Kart for the Wii and I played a few times, so most of a decade ago?

We have another Mario at the track:
mario.jpg.0dd61fe45cf139eb3256956032d4a539.jpg

The last time I "played a game" with him was our national superbikes round in 2019 when he crashed in turn two, left a nice 50 foot skid mark with his helmet and ended up trapped under the bottle bags.

He was fine (as fine as bike racer are, anyway......).

• Like 9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By TGP
      Welcome to Getting to Know You, DECEMBER** 2021 Edition, **month X of the old Roman Year.

RULES

1. Every weekday a question will be posted. (but see rule 7 re: weekends). 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.
      (But this is a frequently ignored rule; no one will delete your post if you have some catching up to do.)

3. Questions are going to be posted in a ten hour span: as early as 1 Minute after Midnite or as late as 10AM (Central Time Zone, U.S. ) i.e:

Midnite to 10AM Denton, TX time. 
      ~Or~
      6AM to 1600 Dover, UK time. 

4. For other quisitors: Should I fail to post a question please wait until after the 10 hour window to post a backstop question.

5. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Please send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 

6. You do not have to answer every question to play. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or give a terse, concise mysterious answer. 

7. Weekend questions may be formatted as two or three day quest/projects, or multi-part related questions, posted on Fridays or Saturdays.

• By TGP
      The rules: as they were last month (in addition to all regular forum rules) except where I sneakily changed them:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question. †
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day, a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... ††
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 1 AM Reaper time (US Central).
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to Talespinner or Morihalda… 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.
      8. Pix always welcome.

The first question will need to be posted after a brief (10 minute) pause to foil the merging of posts.
      The footnotes, because I can't resist doing †††footnotes:

† I will aim for 0600 Reaper/Nottingham time.
      ††  If subs and backstops could wait until 11AM in Reaper/Denton's timezone to see if I remember.
      ††† …because I re-remembered how to do the dagger ( † ) symbol.
    • By ManvsMini
      Happy New Year and welcome to Getting to Know You, January 2021 Edition!

The rules as they currently stand (in addition to all regular forum rules):

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 10:30am Eastern US Daylight time.
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

Thank you all for playing along as we get to know the real you... tell me, Malcolm Reynolds, are you familiar with the works of Shan Yu?

The first question shall be posted after a brief pause to prevent the merging of posts.

-MvM
    • By TGP
      Welcome to Getting to Know You, SEPTEMBER** 2020 Edition, **brought to you by the number 7, and the Roman Empire.

The latest iteration of the rules follows (LAST EDIT: 1 SEPT 2020):

1. Every day a question will be posted (but see rule 7). 
      1.5. Should I fail to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy & former Quisitors, will probably step in and post one (but see rule 3.5).
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.
      3. Questions are going to be posted as early as 1 Minute after Midnite or as late as Noon CDT (Central Daylight Time, U.S. )
      3.5 @MusicalFeline  is primary backup this month. MF, please note this is a ^ 12 hour span ^ but if I haven't managed by then jump in.
      4. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 
      6. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will often be formatted as  two or three day quests, or multi-part related questions, posted on Fridays or Saturdays.

All HAIL W.O.O.F!      

THAT ^ TEXT BASED INCURSION REDACTED BY M.E.O.W     

THE AGENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREVIOUS GRAFFITI  HAVE BEEN APPREHENDED
    • By TGP
      Welcome to the last 2019 instalment of Getting to Know You, December 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand ( ...should you chose to accept them... )

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, are likely chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      3. Questions will typically be posted between  06:00 hours and 09:00 hours CET. (Central European Time UYC +1)***
      3.5 (...that is 23:00 to 02:00 hours RST Reaper Standard Time UTC -6)***
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me or one of the other quisitioners.
      (But my PM box is stuffed full gimme 2-3 days to clear it out...) 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play.
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to respond (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will often take the form of two day quests, running Saturday to Sunday.

***CLEARLY I WILL ON OCCASION BEND RULES 3. And 3.5.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)