Getting to Know You, March 2021

Reading through yesterday's answers and thinking "Look at all these la de da fancy types with their multiple utensils and time to clean between the PB and the J. It's like no one has ever heard of just licking the knife clean between one substance and the other. Bonus, if you do that in front of your partner you get to eat all the PB&J.

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Wednesday, March 10: It’s National Mario Day! That’s right, Mario (Mar10) has his own day. When's the last time you played a game with Mario in it, if at all?

Possibly never? I'm not too big into video games. Only ever got into some computer games and a racing game one time on my wife's PS3 (she's the video gamer in the house) and didn't really have any systems as a kid. He may have featured in one of the games my niece and nephew would beat me at on their Wii when they were little kids. But I couldn't say for sure as that was just spending time with the kids and I never paid much attention to what we were actually supposed to be doing on the screen. 

• Haha 9
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I mean they are just as bad.  Being that i am normally the maker of said sandwich itndoesnt happen often.  Tje proper assembly order is: PB on on piece of bread, wipe knife on clean bread, add jelly to second piece of bread.  Then knife is hand washed and place in dishwasher (eldest has a minor peanut allergy).

Yes, exactly this (minus the allergy)

6 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Wednesday, March 10: It’s National Mario Day! That’s right, Mario (Mar10) has his own day. When's the last time you played a game with Mario in it, if at all?

It's been a few years. Would have been Mario 3 on the Wii.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I despise Mario.

There was a split in the band and our fans. Creative differences. Two of us liked computer and pen-n-paper games, the other two played Mario and Duck Hunt all day every day.

The music still haunts my nightmares; never-ending terrible repetetive 8-bit hell.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hmmmm, the last time I played a game with Mario in it, if I had to guess it was probably Super Mario Bros on the Wii. I wanted to show my kids the game I grew up on, so we bought it from the Nintendo store & played it on the console.

Kinda takes me back now. Seeing the arcade game for the first time at a local grocery store near my house.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Uh.. last.. year? Maybe? I'unno.

I like Mario, but... I play other stuff too.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, CashWiley said:

I despise Mario.

There was a split in the band and our fans. Creative differences. Two of us liked computer and pen-n-paper games, the other two played Mario and Duck Hunt all day every day.

The music still haunts my nightmares; never-ending terrible repetetive 8-bit hell.

Why I'm a cat person.

duck-hunt-dog.jpg?w=640

It also gives me an idea of the timeframe of that event.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

What’s a Mario? :ph34r:

(I’m pretty sure I’ve never played a Mario game. I’ve absolutely certainly never owned a dedicated game console. )

• Like 8

um mario vs rabids I think, a year ago?

it wasn't bad I just kind of don't like the switch for anything other than stuff with motion controls. the sticks and buttons are just uncomfortably undersized

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

*Looks at other comments, sees most people haven't played in a long time...*

Uh... Yesterday, actually. :ph34r:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Never that I can recall.  Not big into fast twitch games.

• Like 9
10 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I prefer Pie Day, March 14. 

I had a Sega Genesis growing up, so I played all the Sonic games. I don't hate Mario; I just haven't really had occasion to play one platform game over another. I think I played one with the nieces and nephews a few years ago. 

• Like 9

Wednesday, March 10: It’s National Mario Day! That’s right, Mario (Mar10) has his own day. When's the last time you played a game with Mario in it, if at all?

hmm

I am going to work on forgetting that now. 

We got a switch for Christmas.  Pokemon was beaten by minispawn, (I have all but one gym badge)  Animal Crossing has been played a lot by ElderSpawn & Wife. 

Mario Party was played once. sometime over the Christmas break.  I don't think I won. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I was playing a lot of Mario Strikers Charged the last week with my boys. I'm tired and bored lately with a cold and no concentration so it was a nice mindless change from the stuff I usually play. 

• Like 7