2021: Painting during the Pandemic (March goals)

Not sure if I can say I met my modest goals or not. Printed and painted a bunch of tanks and artillery early in March but didn't quite finish. A handful of things left to paint and we've switched what we're doing now so no real drive to finish them at the moment. Did paint a couple other minis and print a few things. Kind of lost my motivation after going real hard on the tanks for a couple months. Floating around not sure what to tackle next. Was thinking about printing enough things to do a D Day battle and Carpiquet airfield but just not excited about it at the moment. I needed my game table for paperwork which I still haven't finished so me and the oldest have been playing video games instead in my spare time.

• Like 2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Zink said:

A handful of things left to paint and we've switched what we're doing now so no real drive to finish them at the moment. Did paint a couple other minis and print a few things. Kind of lost my motivation after going real hard on the tanks for a couple months. Floating around not sure what to tackle next.

This happened to me also. I was planning on playing Anno Domini with a friend. But he has sort of dropped out to take care of life stuff. I was going to paint one or two Cossacks each month up to Reapercon. But now since he is not going, I am looking for other things to work on. I was considering painting figures for Stargrave. But I already have a bunch of sci-fi miniatures. Once bones 5 gets here I will be inundated with terrain and ships.

buckyball

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 11:05 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Hmmmm, I think I'll go relatively easy on goals for this month... 

- further progress on LAV-III

- sculpting work on gnoll driver for Midnight Raid

- finish editing photos I took over a week ago and actually post thrm

- finish building Gunner Zaku Gundam (and maybe start some of the work I'm plotting for it) 

- continue work on Queen of Hell (would be great if I finished her this month) 

LAV-III didn't really see any progress due to a cold snap (I am not using the airbrush booth when it's negative stupidly cold outside!).  Gunner Zaku Warrior was built and I've looked at the resin conversion kit for it, but haven't done much there...

Queen of Hell did see a number of sessions though, and she's a LOT closer to being finished, so I'm a happy fox in that regards!

• Like 1

Another underwhelming month for me, I only finished 1 dark elf warrior out of the pile in progress.  I did do other hobbying though, I finished going through my piles of old minis and identified almost all of them.  I also worked on a new Savage Worlds campaign I hope we can start once everyone in the group gets vaccinated.

• Like 2