Atlanta Reaper Painter's Group

Steven Page

Hey, I posted this topic so we could plan anddiscus the next session. I've got some lizardmen and dwarves for a "paint-n-take". GG will be there to take pictures. I'll try to bring some beter lighting(bringing worse lighting would be hard). Hope to see the group from last time again, and a few new faces.......Here's the address the Warroom and other info on my home away from home

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly....

Wal Mart carries it with their model kits...in the toy section. I suspect Kmart does, as well...but I'm not sure.

Hobby Town USA at Kennesaw carries it.

Hobby Lobby in Cartersville carries it with their models, but I don't know about the rest of their chain.

Kelly....

Wal Mart carries it with their model kits...in the toy section. I suspect Kmart does, as well...but I'm not sure.

Hobby Town USA at Kennesaw carries it.

Hobby Lobby in Cartersville carries it with their models, but I don't know about the rest of their chain.

Thanks, Kevin. I went to three or four different places last Saturday and was pretty livid by the time I finished (at Hobby Lobby they looked at me blankly and said "What's Testor's Dullcote?" I think they even mispronounced it.

BTW, could I ask you what the recipe for your gunk was again? I was trying to mix some last night with Flow-Aid (I've also been totally unable to find W&M Flow Extender, or whatever it's called) but couldn't quite get the proportions.

Hope you can make it Sunday! :B):

The recipe I use is akin to Anne's recipe I think...

*roughly*

80% extender (I use liquitex)

10% Flow aid (W&N)

10% water.

I think Anne uses an 80% extender (different brand) and 20% flow-aid, but then has a brush load of water with each dip....

The stuff give considerable open time to fix "mistakes"--as well as it keeps your paint lively for a bit, but the downside is the paint takes a bit to dry.----

I can get you the exact part numbers/suppliers and such if you want....

I use some different recipes for other stuff, but this is the one I use as "general purpose"...

I haven't had the opportunity to speak with Anne about how she uses hers---I've been mostly hit and miss since I've started paintin'. She probably has an entire list of advantages vs. disadvantages, as well as some very good advice and stuff on how to properly use it.