• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Rigel said:

Lovely basing and owl eyes! 

Kitties do be like that, it's true.

Thank you! There was a lot of rocky effects underneath the fake heather, but it looked better the more I added :)

The owl is based on a mix of Barn and Shorteared owl and I had a lot of fun painting him. Even if jealousy got the better of kitteh!

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

The eyes are amazing!

Thank you! I used to avoid painting eyes at all costs, I've really been making a point of doing them recently. I heartily recommend picking up a Faceless Horror 77114 if you need to practice them- it has loads of eyes in many different sizes and I think it really helped me a lot. 

3 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Awesome job, even with the cat trying to sabotage your work!

Thank you! He just likes the attention and me using his sleeping spot as a mini studio was obviously the final straw :lol:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Wonderful job on this mini - those owl eyes are so expressive and green is so vibrant - so cute, but with a hint that there is something darker

Thank you! I personally think that he's the brains in the outfit and the leprechaun is the familiar ::D:

A big thank you for all the comments and likes everyone! 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By billeecats
      Back after a long-ish hiatus. I had to take a break from painting earlier this year because of some eye issues. No that I can see right again, I wanted to take a simple-ish mini to completion. I used the RCL limited palette theme for July. 

While the paint job on these maggots can be better, it's gratifying to be back to doing something I enjoy immensely. 

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By SparrowMarie
      I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.

My list for April:

Theme: (Vampire):
      Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)
      Limited Palette:
      Purple, Orange, Pink
      Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow
      Giant Frog (44024)
      Player Character:
      Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))
      Monster:
      Gulper (44038)
      Duo:
      Cyclops (77705)
      Trio:
      Merowyn Lightstar (77675)
      New Release:
      Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))
      Freebie:
      D’Tenian, d10 (77647)

Will get some photos up soon.
    • By SparrowMarie
      I painted this for the RCL limited palette challenge this month. Used only the 5 colors shown. Lots of mixing happened. I'm super happy with it but as always C&C is welcome.

• By Inarah
      This was an experiment with color. I decided to give the Limited Palette challenge a try last night.  The challenge is 3 colors, plus black and white. Specifically, the three colors must be a blue, green, and pink.  I chose cyan blue, gnoll pelt, and cactus flower.  I'm quite happy with how she came out, for a figure I wasn't terribly interested in to begin with. 

Sorry, my camera could not handle a close-up of the face. 

For anyone wondering about the red hair, a strange thing happens when you mix cactus flower and gnoll pelt....

The base is from Secret Weapon.