Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.
My list for April:
Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)
Purple, Orange, Pink
Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow
Giant Frog (44024)
Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))
Merowyn Lightstar (77675)
Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))
D’Tenian, d10 (77647)
Will get some photos up soon.
This was an experiment with color. I decided to give the Limited Palette challenge a try last night. The challenge is 3 colors, plus black and white. Specifically, the three colors must be a blue, green, and pink. I chose cyan blue, gnoll pelt, and cactus flower. I'm quite happy with how she came out, for a figure I wasn't terribly interested in to begin with.
Sorry, my camera could not handle a close-up of the face.
For anyone wondering about the red hair, a strange thing happens when you mix cactus flower and gnoll pelt....
The base is from Secret Weapon.
Well, I'm back in lockdown. Full, nothing open, don't leave your house, furloughed lockdown. Fortunately, Reaper have started the Reaper Challenge League, which coincides nicely with me having a lot of extra painting time. I'm already in a duo and trio for the league with @Thoramel, @Pochiand @Evilhalfling, but the Fire or Ice category really intrigued me. I love doing fire dragons so I almost started on Narthrax, but then I remembered that I've got a Roc from Bones 4 that I'd always wanted to do as a phoenix. So why not kill two birds with one stone(or roc)?
I'd forgotten just how big this 'mini' was that's a 1cm grid on the cutting mat.
Nevertheless, I started under the watchful eye of my painting assistant
First up, a decent coat of Pure Black
Onto the horror, picking out the details with Garnet Red. This took forever, and almost broke one of my old brushes.
I started brightening the feathers with Brilliant Red, you can see how much difference it makes in the lower wing.
....and both upper wings are highlighted. All I have to do now is apply the red to the undersides of the wings, body and head of the birdie. Shouldn't take too long!
I may have started on Narthrax too.... there's only so much red one person can take!
Thanks for looking everyone. It's been a bit of a slog so far, but it should get easier from now on.
Who's Online 12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)