Airship Campaigns by Arcane Minis

haldir

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Adrift said:

This seems like a major Eberron rip off. 

I totally agree. I love Eberron, and I have no qualms about stealing source material from other settings and mushing it in. That's the original spirit, after all. The minis are neat, and I could use many of them in my Frostgrave games. The drones especially would make great collegiate porters, and the rays would work well for the flying snakes in Ghost Archipelago: Lost Colossus. If you could buy them printed, I might back this. 

16 hours ago, Adrift said:

This seems like a major Eberron rip off. 

Flying ships isn't that unusual to fantasy fiction, I know of books I read in the late 90s that had ships described that would look a lot like this.  Benny (the guy running the KS at Arcane Minis) actually caved to backer pressure and had the team create elemental flight rings for the ships because a lot (A LOT) of the backers wanted them specifically for use for eberron games. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I think there was ... something before Eberron. Was that "Spelljammer"?

Spelljammer was D&D in space without the sci-fi like Starfinder does.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

True. But there was a D&D setting with airships even before Eberron ... Mystara?

Mystara was the red box D&D's setting. ^_^

They did have a article in Dragon that was about the only coverage of those rules that was told by a skycaptain's log. They explored the various areas in a skyship.

• Like 1

That comparison got my expectations up too high lol. I was ready for some really Eberron-y minis, but they aren't quite so much, I don't think.

Need to see the airship with a ring tho...

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

That comparison got my expectations up too high lol. I was ready for some really Eberron-y minis, but they aren't quite so much, I don't think.

Need to see the airship with a ring tho...

My minifactory & look under the companies name.

(note this is the one I got & I think it's the one with the ring: Airship - Rassen Class Assault Frigate

• Like 2

They also have a contest going on right now on MMF using mini's from arcane. Top 3 prizes are resin printers :

Peopoly Phenom L Noir (RRP $2,799.00)

Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K + 1kg Aqua Gray 4K Resin (RRP $760.00)

Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K + 1kg Aqua Gray 4K Resin (RRP $760.00)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.