Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
3D printed on my Elegoo Mars, design from PrintYourMonsters.
Impaled Victim, it will be used as a Unit Filler for my Undead.
Part of the Children of the Night Project.
You know you're in trouble when you walk into a village and you see the adventurer that came there before you like this.
It's the weekend and time for painting!
Started strong and ended weak. Let me say that I had the intention of doing a red/black/purple color scheme, but at some point it just got away from me. I LOVE the horse and the leather details on how they came out, but the real loss is my wraith on top.
His colors just don't fit together in a cohesive way.
I used my new Artis Opus brushes to do the horse and holy cow do they work great. I went from a black/red up to a orange highlight. The muscles and details really popped and I'm super happy with it.
Big miss was I somehow didn't realize that my black ink had metal flecks in it, so by the time I was done with the Nightmare's mane and tail it was too late. "Gee, that tail has some big shine...wait a minute..." Lesson learned.
The wraith was a whole different story. I started by doing a wet blend of purple and red. Didn't work. Then tried nightmare black and purple. Didn't work. It was just a struggle. His sword was supposed to be darker and ominous, but it just kept getting lighter and at a certain point I was ready to just be done. Bad match for a death knight.
My real win is the horse. I really liked how he came out and I'm very happy with the result.
Here's the stages. I also want to base this guy. I'm thinking forest floor feel...
Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors. I think he came out okay. Sometimes simple is good, right?
* Cape and layers came out well.
* Staff shading was good.
* metal highlights worked out well. Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
* brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.
* The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough. I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad. Then went back and just did similar tones.
* I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look. Open to suggestions you may have.
* Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.
Open to feedback on this one.
I also need some good basing ideas.
Who's Online 0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online