Marise Greyshroud 03308

angelGPD

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Samedi said:

I absolutely love the moss effect on the base! How did you make that?

Hi! thanks for comment!, i just made it with a wash made by combine different shades of green acrylic paint and flock, thinned with water and a little touch of pva glue.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By MiniPainterDMan89
      Hello All,

Here is a Bones USA 07034 "Grave Wraith" I completed last week.

Thank you for looking.

• By Glitterwolf
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars, design from PrintYourMonsters.
      Impaled Victim, it will be used as a Unit Filler for my Undead.

Part of the Children of the Night Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/page/23/

You know you're in trouble when you walk into a village and you see the adventurer that came there before you like this.

• By R2ED
      It's the weekend and time for painting! 

Started strong and ended weak.  Let me say that I had the intention of doing a red/black/purple color scheme, but at some point it just got away from me.  I LOVE the horse and the leather details on how they came out, but the real loss is my wraith on top.

His colors just don't fit together in a cohesive way. 

I used my new Artis Opus brushes to do the horse and holy cow do they work great.  I went from a black/red up to a orange highlight.  The muscles and details really popped and I'm super happy with it. 

Big miss was I somehow didn't realize that my black ink had metal flecks in it, so by the time I was done with the Nightmare's mane and tail it was too late. "Gee, that tail has some big shine...wait a minute..." Lesson learned.
      The wraith was a whole different story.  I started by doing a wet blend of purple and red.  Didn't work.  Then tried nightmare black and purple.  Didn't work.  It was just a struggle.  His sword was supposed to be darker and ominous, but it just kept getting lighter and at a certain point I was ready to just be done. Bad match for a death knight.

My real win is the horse.  I really liked how he came out and I'm very happy with the result. 

Here's the stages.  I also want to base this guy.  I'm thinking forest floor feel...

• By R2ED
      Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors.  I think he came out okay.  Sometimes simple is good, right?

Battle Report!

Wins:
      * Cape and layers came out well.
      *  Staff shading was good.
      * metal highlights worked out well.  Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
      *  brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.

Misses:
      * The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough.  I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad.  Then went back and just did similar tones.
      *  I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look.  Open to suggestions you may have.
      *  Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.

Open to feedback on this one.  
      I also need some good basing ideas.

• By Adrift
      Reaper mummy I wanted to theme as an ice mummy. 
      Wizkids beholder zombie. 
      Reaper wraith from Bones 4 that shall be known as “The Red Wraith” in my dnd game as a recurring villain. 

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online