Blacksmith---a quick one...

Rodnik

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, this blacksmith hasn't done much work. His anvil is way too clean.

No..no...you got it all wrong.

He's so METICULOUS in his work, that he spit shines the anvil after every job.... ::D:

and I kinda like the stump, too....8)

I really like the look of the leather apron. It looks a lot like a pair of leather welding gloves I use for grilling and camping. After losing most of the hair on my forearms every summer from using my charcoal chimney or rearranging logs in the fire pit, I decided to get something that would protect my hands and forearms well from heat. They are also great for handling your pizza stone too :)

The only recommendation I would have is to add some soot smudging to the apron, and maybe some on his forearms. Although if he is as meticulous as you say, he might wash up between firing up the forge and hammering the iron, so nevermind :)

When I first got this pack, I wished he was in a more dynamic pose, with something on the anvil held in his tongs with his arm raised ready to strike it. Would have been a lot of fun to paint up the glowing metal too. Hmm converstion thought.

OK...so what did you use for the bushes?

Woodland Scenics "Foliage", I think. Comes in a jar much akin to static grass, etc. I'll get the number off the jar tonight, if you want. It's basically lightweight sponge that comes in small clumps that you can tear to size.

you can also get a small bag of bushes (it also says clump-foliage), sounds like the same stuff Rodnik described.

I have them in Medium Green, and the number for that is ... FC146

I absolutely love the leather apron.

I'm trying to get that effect on mine, but haven't had much success yet.

The base and the leather look great, but the shine from the anvil keeps distracting my eye.

After seeing the blacksmith and the strumpet painted up so many times. I'm going to pick them up now and give it a whirl.

That set also comes with an absolutely decrepit looking beggar.

I think he is cool very well done. The tree stump is really cool they way you highlighted it makes it look very real. The bushes are also really cool ::D:

The one thing that I might have done different is to make the anvil darker. Great job tho and looking forward to your next one. ::):