"Fantasy: Series 2" Miniatures coming to KS March 30

Hey all! Just to let you all know Fantasy Series 2the next in Blacklist Games' popular miniatures sets, is coming to Kickstarter March 30 (as part of the Lasting Tales campaign)!

Yes, Fantasy Series 1 will be on offer too in case you missed it ;) 

Click here to sign up to be notified at launch!

NewsItem.thumb.png.ba7e4206aa59dcac3da0061deeb5ae6c.png

If you're curious about Lasting Tales itself, click here to learn more!

Also, please ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them :)

We're beginning to preview some of the minis over on our social media, but here are a few we've shown so far:

mimic (x5).jpg

female elf paladin (x1).jpg

male dwarf druid (x1).jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack
<Mod>: Removed commerce link
  • Like 4
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all! Just to let you all know Fantasy Series 2, the next in Blacklist Games' popular miniatures sets, is coming to Kickstarter March 30 (as part of the Lasting Tales campaign)!   Yes, Fa

It's a difficult one for me. I already got my Fantasy Series 1, and I like them, but I also got a huge amount of Bones and Wizkids and Bones V coming. The miniatures I have from them are fine and the

Hi! Just want to chime in here, clarify a few things: After Fantasy Series 1, we only ran a single Kickstarter: Dire Alliance (which is moving along fine in terms of production; we're posting anoth

Posted Images

Regarding Fantasy Series 1:  If I purchased it (and only it) as part of Horror Series 1 via Gamefound, will it ship when Horror Series 1 ships, or when Fantasy Series 1 ships, or sometime in between?  I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere. Since I didn’t back on Kickstarter, I can’t comment there, and comments are disabled on Gamefound. Either way, I’m backing Fantasy Series 2!

Definitely want to see a set of rules during the campaign. I still don't know if the system will let you create your own units, or if it's the usual army lists.

Solo and coop is very attractive. I have the designer's Elder Scrolls game and like the AI system, although I'm looking for an AI system that's more personalized (eg. cowardly behavior vs. overconfident).

The market is *very* crowded for miniature skirmish games, so I'd really like to see why I should buy this game over others on the market.

I have the Altar Quest boardgames, and the miniatures are *very* good, as was what you got for your money.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:14 PM, tpugmire said:

Regarding Fantasy Series 1:  If I purchased it (and only it) as part of Horror Series 1 via Gamefound, will it ship when Horror Series 1 ships, or when Fantasy Series 1 ships, or sometime in between?  I couldn’t find an answer elsewhere. Since I didn’t back on Kickstarter, I can’t comment there, and comments are disabled on Gamefound. Either way, I’m backing Fantasy Series 2!

It'll ship when Dire Alliance ships :)

16 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Definitely want to see a set of rules during the campaign. I still don't know if the system will let you create your own units, or if it's the usual army lists.

Solo and coop is very attractive. I have the designer's Elder Scrolls game and like the AI system, although I'm looking for an AI system that's more personalized (eg. cowardly behavior vs. overconfident).

The market is *very* crowded for miniature skirmish games, so I'd really like to see why I should buy this game over others on the market.

I have the Altar Quest boardgames, and the miniatures are *very* good, as was what you got for your money.

You can create your own content, yeah!

We'll have a new design diary that explains stuff every Thursday; first one was today so I suggest you take a look so you can see exactly what Mark is bringing to the table!

https://www.blacklistgamesllc.com/post/lasting-tales-design-diary-1-an-introduction-to-lasting-tales

2 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

A friend of mine backed the first Kickstarter and I was very impressed with what he got. Definitely interested.

Yeah so far the response is overwhelmingly positive and we're over the moon :)

Like this backer here!

Or Ash at GMG here!

From the Design Diary: "Of course, a Hero is measured by the quality of their opponents, and that’s where Adversaries come in. We wanted to give players absolute freedom to use whatever monsters and bad guys they have in their miniatures collection, or to theme their adventure however they see fit. To that end, I’ve written a system that allows players to pick an Adversary Force any way they like, as long as it roughly balances to the power level of the Party. To make matters a bit easier, every model in Blacklist Games' own Fantasy Series 1 and 2 has rules in the book – from the lowliest Kobold to the mightiest Dragon – and as the variety there is pretty huge, we’ve covered off most bases!

I like what I'm reading, but this still isn't clear if I can pick any monster in my collection and generate stats for it (which I can do with Song of Blade and Heroes), or if the rulebook has lists of monsters that have their own stats (which is the convention for most rulebooks, including another coop miniatures skirmish game, Rangers of Shadowdeep). 

I see various terrain pics in the designer diary photos. AFAIK, Though, BLG doesn't offer terrain. Will there be any available in FS2? 

If the game isn't a card-heavy rules system, I hope to see a PDF version available. 

fwiw, Rangers of Shadowdeep is close to Lasting Tales (coop generic fantasy skirmish game with character progression) but isn't as large in scope (Ranger focuses on pre-written scenarios, and has fewer monsters).

Also, started a thread on Dakka for you. ^_^ https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/796704.page#11071958

Thanks! 

Edited by ced1106

This'll definitely be more interesting than the lackluster Horror Series 1. Fantasy Series 1 was probably the deal of the decade, at the very least for D&D players!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Guyra said:

This'll definitely be more interesting than the lackluster Horror Series 1. Fantasy Series 1 was probably the deal of the decade, at the very least for D&D players!

Indeed. 

Here’s hoping FS2 is at least modestly comparable in success as FS1.  HS1 was such a disappointment. 

• Like 2

Myself and 4 others in my dnd group backed FS1 and none of us are planning to back FS2. The videos of VIPs having fun with their miniatures are great and all, but ours are all sitting in the docks in China. So the 5 of us are gonna chill this go around. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Adrift said:

Myself and 4 others in my dnd group backed FS1 and none of us are planning to back FS2. The videos of VIPs having fun with their miniatures are great and all, but ours are all sitting in the docks in China. So the 5 of us are gonna chill this go around. 

I'm in the same boat.  Well, waiting for the same boat.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 1

Totally understand the frustration, but in fairness, that is a global problem and not in any way their fault. 

From everything I’ve seen and heard from folks who have received advanced copies of the FS1 minis, the quality is pretty fantastic. 

Everyone has their own comfort level, of course, and needs to make the decision that’s right for them. In my case, I plan to back for the new Fantasy Series minis with no hesitation whatsoever :)

• Like 3

I wish all the success and good fortune on everyone. I want us all to be successful!! But my tolerance for companies that haven’t delivered on a project, and are launching new ones is low. This is why I don’t back anything from CMON.

Anyone who wants to back is more than welcome and I hope the campaign is a smash hit! I just know 5 people, plus Lidless up there who won’t contribute till we get some product delivered. 

Kobold Press probably has deeper pockets than a simple guy like me! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Quite a few FS1 backers said they won't back until they have product, and the FS2 miniatures may show up again in a future BLG KS, much like FS1 did with Horror. FS1, FS2, and LT will appear retail. Also, Mick said, "You can create your own content, yeah!" so your collection of Bones may be enough for the LT rules. FS1 overlapped with Bones, so I expect FS2 to overlap as well.

Well, we'll see at the end of the month. I'm guessing many 2020 KS were pushed back to this quarter, and somebody's gonna get your money soon enough... ::P: