Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
3rd animal done this weekend, but feeling good making some good progress. Still trying my best to commit to getting a few done every weekend.
* I watched another Dr. Faust painting video (the dude is my hero) and gathered some thoughts on how I wanted to approach this wolf. Browns, tans, and a pink little tail.
* The two tones of Rust (Dark and Light) blended well across the two fur areas. Bringing up the highlights from there was much easier using family of colors.
* Being VERY gentle with drybrushing and not rushing it, like I have in the past. Thanks to much feedback I took a different approach on this and feel like it improved the outcome.
* I deepened some of the areas with Agrax Earthshade, but it didn't come out with as much definition as I wanted, so I swapped out for a glaze of German Black/Brown and it helped them a lot. Win.
* Tusks look great, but took me about 5 different layers to get there.
* So...I clearly rushed my cleaning on this one and I kept finding more and more little mold lines. It was making me crazy. Shame on me!
* The mouth isn't as clean as it should be. The coloration could be a brighter pink or something.
* The exposed bone on the head the more I look at it, the less I like it. Not sure how I can improve this, though. Thoughts?
* Eyes, much like the bunnies were just black. Needs something else to help it pop.
* Is the pink tail weird?
* On the tail portion, I did laugh to myself making the nutsack stand out, but whoever made this model made that detail. I laughed, but it needed to be done. Sorry not sorry.
It took about an hour and a half, so I'm pretty happy with speed on this one. Next up - basing. Love the feedback if you've got any.
Got another bunny done for the weekend. Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.
* Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey. I was interested in trying to match it. Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it. Came out pretty good!
* The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.
* The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.
* Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail. Worked good enough. Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.
* I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose. I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
* The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more. Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.
These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid. Open to any feedback ya got.
Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...
Who's Online 29 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)
- Zero Prime
- Pezler the Polychromatic
- Rob Dean
- Jordan Peacock
- Cranky Dog