ReaperCon 2021 Discussion

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We can't wait to safely see everyone in-person this year!   ReaperCon 2021 LaborDay Weekend, September 2-5, 2021,  Denton, TX   https://youtu.be/WYJNkFYhkCI We hope to have the

Room booked, and vaccines scheduled for today and April 13th.  I want to be ready to teach in person again!  I guess I better start working on my classes.  

Its also worth noting that this isnt Reaper trying to create scarcity or anything like that.  The decision to limit tickets is based on current state of the pandemic.  This is them trying to protect u

Posted Images

Thank you for all your efforts in getting this one up. I think everyone that is going, needs this one, this year!

• Like 3

With Canada on a 4 month vaccine dose spacing, and unknown time for border closures.... extremely slim chance I'll be making it. And as usual, my adviser is planning "late August or early September" field work - maybe this time I'll actually get to go.

I wish everyone healthy painting (everyone keep your masks on, just in case!) :)

• Like 6

Excited and glad we're going to give this a go this year.  I'm sad that there are a lot of people who won't be able to come (or won't yet be ready) and I understand and will look forward to maybe meeting up with them in the future.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Cyradis said:

With Canada on a 4 month vaccine dose spacing, and unknown time for border closures.... extremely slim chance I'll be making it. And as usual, my adviser is planning "late August or early September" field work - maybe this time I'll actually get to go.

I wish everyone healthy painting (everyone keep your masks on, just in case!) :)

Ditto.

I want to go. Technically I will have the time and the means, but there are so many elements out of my control that the final decision may come much later than I want to.

• Like 4

I only can go every other year, but since 2020 went pear-shaped, the planning rolled over to this year. 

I haven't had a chance at the vaccine yet, but I'll assume that I can get it scheduled before August.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Where is it held and how far do people usual stay from the event site? 

ReaperCon is held at the Embassy Suites Denton Convention Center in Denton, TX.  Most people try to stay on-site, but there are other hotels a mile or 2 way that are less expensive and/or use as overflow.

• Like 1

To be honest, in the beginning when the con was at the factory & we all slept elsewhere, I didn't mind, but having the two together now it is what I prefer. I guess it kinda like at the start it was just me in the room, now I won't do the room without a roommate & that not because of the higher room rates. I guess all part of wanting to be around people during the weekend.

• Like 1

I think the cost and time frame for me will be prohibitive.  As much as I'd love to do one of these, I'm not sure it's going to happen for me.  WAH!  Plus the fact there's no vaccine yet in sight for our state and my age group.  Second WAH!!!  

For those who don't get to attend, is there stuff we can do offsite that may be fun to participate in or get involved with ahead of the show?

4 minutes ago, R2ED said:

I think the cost and time frame for me will be prohibitive.  As much as I'd love to do one of these, I'm not sure it's going to happen for me.  WAH!  Plus the fact there's no vaccine yet in sight for our state and my age group.  Second WAH!!!  

For those who don't get to attend, is there stuff we can do offsite that may be fun to participate in or get involved with ahead of the show?

I'm sure with the success of the past couple Online Reaper "con", Reaper will figure out something for those that can't attend.

Even with the online Con this past weekend, the board tends go dark while it's going on. It's even worse when there is an actual physical con going on. Thou IIRC, there have been informal "Not-going" paint events for the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know when airlines advance their calendars when it comes to flight scheduling? I ask cause I'm probably going to use Southwest & currently theirs only goes out to the first weekend of August or so. I get so many sale promo emails from them, I'd like to use one for the trip.