5 minutes ago, Guyra said:

I mean, about 17-18mm height for a halfling is pretty much how tall halfling minis should be though. They're supposed to be roughly half the height of a human, which is where their name comes from.

Also, for comparison pics like that, it would be better to set the feet of the halfling lined up with the feet of the mummy, as the mummy miniature basically has almost a full centimeter extra just from the base, making the size difference seem larger than it actually is. :)

You're right about the base, I took a quick pic, I used a grid with centimeters so you can measure it yourself somewhat.

I like the sculpt although I do not like/collect Halflings.

All I wanted to show is the size since a lot of Halflings from other companies are usually almost twice as big. So it could be a disappointment if you have a old GW Halfling army for example and think that they will fit in.

• Like 3
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

You're right about the base, I took a quick pic, I used a grid with centimeters so you can measure it yourself somewhat.

I like the sculpt although I do not like/collect Halflings.

All I wanted to show is the size since a lot of Halflings from other companies are usually almost twice as big. So it could be a disappointment if you have a old GW Halfling army for example and think that they will fit in.

That is very true. Personally, I find it a bit weird when halflings come as large as humans though. Then you have Wizkids prepainted halflling minis, which in turn are tiny compared to the Troll Trader halflings. xD

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 10:30 PM, ced1106 said:

Goblins, orcs, ogres, that sort of thing. And bees.

Curses! No bees! ::(:

Bees will be in a future campaign. 

EDIT: The creator said he's breaking up the original campaign into smaller ones. Makes sense, since we didn't see the renders for the Desert elves until after the KS ended. Any miniature concept artwork previously shown in the desert KS and not in this KS are only at the concept art stage.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Are all the Ogres (and their Giants) meant to be female?  Might make good additions to the Monstresses collection.

I was wondering the same thing.

Watching for now.

Additionally, the 'Halfling Mega-Fortress is going to be a bit small if it's sized for halflings...

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 3

For those that have gotten figures rom this company in previous KickStarters, how is the quality? What about cleanup? I realize they're resin, but how is the material, fairly strong or brittle?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

For those that have gotten figures rom this company in previous KickStarters, how is the quality? What about cleanup? I realize they're resin, but how is the material, fairly strong or brittle?

I have some miniatures from Desert of the Dead, as well as a couple of pieces from Carnevale. Personally, I think the quality is generally pretty good! With the Desert of the Dead minis, there was a lot of flash, but that made it look as there was more cleanup needed than there actually was, because it was super easy to remove. My main issue was that a few of my minis had bubbles in unfortunate places - like a sword that had at least three bubbles in it, or the bottom of the cape of the Elf Queen. But those were exceptions, and definitely not the rule. And despite a lot of flash, I had very little mold lines I needed to clean up! There was next to none! 

The resin seems good, as far as resin goes when it comes to strength. There was a couple of breakages of very thin parts during shipping, but that was easily glued back on. I've definitely seen much more brittle resin miniatures.

Overall, I personally love the miniatures. :D

I made a small video on the Desert of the Dead miniatures here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWE5oy24Y0c

Edited by Guyra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Material seems ok didn't drop them yet.

I had some breakage but not overly much, and mostly where the material is thin (toches held by a halfling are less than a milimeter across). At least from the renders on the new knights it seems they are aware of this, the lances look chunky enough to stay on.

Casting is a bit hit and miss, mostly it's flash and bubbles. The flash so far was easy to clean away but sometimes some small lines need to be scrapped which is annoying with resin (toxicity and such). The bubbles are relatively frequent but can for the most part be easily fixed, just be aware that there can be some. Sometimes they are in unfortunate places of high detail. The first kickstarter I backed they replaced egregious stuff without complaint and super fast, did not get the replacement stuff for the second kickstarter yet but that is likely to be due to that little customs kerfuffle between UK and EU.

The sculpts are nicely detailed without being to full of greeblies.

After a good wash they paint up nicely (don't let my paintjob fool you ;).

I had mostly the small minis though and less monsters or giants and stuff so no idea about those and fitting them together.

Sizewise they are a tad on the small side but they fit fine with regular '28mm' figs.

halflings.jpeg

/edit: Square bases are from TT, rounds from reaper (Sir Forscale and a pathfinder halfling bard).

Edited by MoebiusStrip
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

I asked again in the chat about the size of the fortress ... this is the answer:

" They (the walls / fortress etc) look good with humans too :D We figured it would be a bit too niche making it just for halflings "

and yes, the "LOTS" of cleanup I was talking about above mostly was flash (and some gates/vents).

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 5
  • Members

I buy a lot of resin and these were pretty good castings.. as others have said, might be an occasional bubble or mold slippage, so I'll see how the replacement pieces look when they get here...  flash isn't a show stopper from me, I've received worse.. and given COVID delays and the mad dash to get these done and out the door quickly I'd suspect a nomral KS would be better QA wise.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2