• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong work!  I like your bold jewel-tone palette with the juxtaposition of smooth areas with textured areas.

The shine on the crystal is especially convincing.

Right, to make something on a mini seem to be glowing, it needs to be lighter and brighter than the things around it that aren't glowing. 

And here her brow naturally casts a shadow from an overhead light on her eye, so whatever color your paint in her eye will look darker unless you shine a forward-facing or upward-facing light when you take the photo.  On your next mini with glowing eyes, you could go darker with the painted shadows in the eye socket, use a darker-than-normal color for the sclera, and use a near-white (with just a hint/glaze of the color) for the iris.

Thanks for sharing,

Derek

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.